Kicks and Bans:

Read me first before posting anywhere! Review our policies and remember to abide by them as failure to do this may result in a ban from the best MOH Clan on the net! Now why would you want to do that?

Moderators: Paul.nz, ViPER

Felony
< TWL > Hall of Fame
< TWL > Hall of Fame

Kicks and Bans:

Post by Felony »

This thread is provided for those who have been kicked from our server, for one reason or another. If you'll be patient, mature and understanding, we'll try our best to answer any questions you have. What would constitute getting kicked or banned you ask?

1. High ping: Pings over 200 get kicked, to help maintain a smooth game playing environment.

2. Unauthorized skins: Even I've had this happen (STG44 skin). Your player skins must be stock.

3. Flaming: Whether you are flaming <TWL> members or anyone else on our server, this will get you kicked. Again, there is usually a polite warning (Language please or Respect all players). Repeated incidents will result in a ban of your ip.

5. Cheats/Hacks: This is the most difficult kick/ban. Although, we've all been around long enough to spot the signs of hacking. From time to time, the Anti-Cheat program may FORCE screenshots of your system in various forms. THIS is all automatic. The screenshots are saved in the same folder where MoHAA saves all screenshots. Most times you will have 24 hours to send the email at "twl_Drifter@hotmail.com", but in some cases, where cheating is expected, you will be given a ip & name ban until the screenshots are received and checked by one of us <TWL> ADMIN types.

Black window/mirror/couch/light/door shooting: If caught doing this, and it is apparent that you are killing players in this manner, you will be kicked and subsequently banned. Why? This type of game play does not mean you are cheating necessarily. But, to consistently kill the enemy this way, you must have chameleon skins. There are 100's of glitches, in MOHAA. We know most of them. Every now and then, a player comes in and shows us a new one or two (Thx Behemoth)! Not all of these glitches are considered a bannable offense. Many admins will give you a warning. Please heed their warnings.

Blocking doors and Server crashing: This will get you banned, period. There is no good reason for doing this!

Need to send in a <TWL> Forced Screenshot! Click Here. Please bear with us. We do our dead-level best to get to your questions, as soon as we can.

Thank you all in advance,
<TWL> THE WAR LEGENDS CLAN
Felony
< TWL > Hall of Fame
< TWL > Hall of Fame

Cheaters?

Post by Felony »

The problem with some servers is that they run certain server side mods that only work correctly when certain cvar settings are changed. So the server will then "force" these settings which are left changed when you go to our server or others. The anti cheat programs will pick it up as abnormal and ban you for cheating.

This is me leaning to the left waiting for a some action. As you can see. I have a very clear view of everything in front of me, and i can very well shoot anyone coming from that direction.. Now look at the spectator view.

This is the spectator view. As you can see in this one. It appears as though I cant see anything but the wall!! So what would you think if you saw this in spectator?? Many do and would say " kick that guy, he's cheating, He just saw me through a wall!!" It's just the way the game is. So think before you blurt the word "cheater" out. .... Check out the next one.

This is Me right up against the door. As you can see I cant see the other side at all. Now look at the spectator mode view

This is spectator mode from the other side of the same door in which i'm right up against, same could be said about walls too. You can see my gun, my arms and part of my head. Had you been on the other side about to come through you would probably shoot me dead. I wouldn't have known that you were coming through. It's not a wallhack like some would say. I have noticed many who say " how did that guy know i was there, He has a wallhack. Kick him"

There are many many things in this game that would make one jump to conlusion about others. One in pariticular is something that cannot be shown in a screenshot. Ive heard many say " I just shot him with a whole clip and he didnt die" Explanation?? Simple. Frames. Your computer generates this game frame by frame. Ping difference, computer speed all have something to do with this. For example and 200 pinger might shoot me with a whole clip. But with my ping of 5, i may have already moved out of the way. To the high pinger.. He thought he unloaded a whole clip of MG bullets, but on my side, i'm most likely on your backside about to club you like a baby seal. Also you vid card, or ram , cpu etc. might be lagging behind. It might not catch up in time. the other player might appear to be in your sights. In actuality, the player is about 3-10 frames ahead of that. So you might jump to say "I JUST SHOT THIS GUY AND HE DIDNT EVEN GET HURT, SCAN OR KICK HIM OUT"!!!

Personally all this blaming for cheating is getting annoying and is taking the fun right out of the game. We do run a anti-cheat scanner. It is and probably never will catch all the cheaters, but it is what we have and should go on. Watching someone in spectator or just following as you can see by my screenshots is not accurate at all. So PLEASE STOP BLAMING OTHERS FOR CHEATING. Let the admin and the cheat scanners do the work. Your job is to just sit back and shoot people.

Source: http://www.geocities.com/obctowtruck/cheaters.html