Homemade salsa/hot sauce

Like To Cook? Post your best recipes and share your food and drink experiences here.

Moderators: Paul.nz, Hottieshottie, Moving Target

FireCracker
Division Commander
Division Commander

Homemade salsa/hot sauce

Post by FireCracker »

This home made sauce is delicious. I think it's better than anything you can buy from the store, and definitely healthier.

INGREDIENTS:

- About 2 lbs of jalapenos peppers - and if you like heat, add 2 or 3 habanero peppers
- 1 yellow onion
- 4 tbl of garlic flakes
- (3) 28oz cans of crushed tomatoes
- (3) tbl of salt
- (2) tbl of pepper
- (4) tbl of sugar

Use a food processor to chop all above ingredients. Everything goes into at least a 4 quart pot. Bring to boil. Simmer for at least one hour. Longer won’t hurt. Done.

This recipe makes A LOT of sauce, but you can easily can it by getting mason jars. Just place the jars in boiling water to get them hot, carefully pull out a hot jar and fill it with the simmering hot sauce and screw the lid on tight. The heat, when cooled, will vacuum seal the jar. No preservatives needed. Tomatoes also have a natural preservative quality.

Thank me later,
Fire Cracker :wink:
Knuckledragger

Re: Homemade salsa/hot sauce

Post by Knuckledragger »

I will thank you now.

And there is nothing you can do to stop me.
FireCracker
Division Commander
Division Commander

Post by FireCracker »

lol Knucks... get on the server and play once in a while. My kill rates have declined since you've been gone. lol

Hope you're doing well.
Knuckledragger

Post by Knuckledragger »

Doing fine! Looking forward to getting some free time one of these evenings to hook up with you guys.