Steak on the grill

Like To Cook? Post your best recipes and share your food and drink experiences here.

Moderators: Paul.nz, Hottieshottie, Moving Target

ViPER
Supreme Commander
Supreme Commander

Steak on the grill

Post by ViPER »

my favorite bbq meat is pork mainly because its best suited for long smokey low heat bbq cooking that i love best. but when i fire up the grill for a seared juicy steak i usually choose one of the following.

Ribeye is my most common choice. salt and pepper is all thats needed to enhance the great natural flavor of this cut, let the grill do the rest.

for something special i'll go for the Porterhouse (should be about 2 inches thick) Tbone is good too a slightly different cut and for a slightly smaller appetite (and budget).

Tuscan porterhouse (recomended over wood fire) rub the steak with olive oil. Salt and pepper and top off with crushed fresh rosemarry. let stand at room temp for half an hour while the fire heats up. when served you can poor a little olive oil over the top again. hmmmm............

When grilling steak make sure the grill is searing hot when you start (gas or charcoal) 1 minute each side to sear then turn down the heat (or move from hot zone) Learn to feel the firmness of done. most steaks should be ready in about ten minutes.

Let them stand for a few minutes before serving. I like my steak with a side of rice and some vegetables or fruit like grilled tomatoes over rice or a grilled peach.

Grilling steak is allways accompanied with a cold brew see here
http://thewarlegends.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=325
Felony

Post by Felony »

ImageImageI'm thinking ViP is asking us over for dinner!!!!ImageImage