Moving Target: Like To Cook?

Like To Cook? Post your best recipes and share your food and drink experiences here.

Moderators: Paul.nz, Hottieshottie, Moving Target

Felony
< TWL > Hall of Fame
< TWL > Hall of Fame

Moving Target: Like To Cook?

Post by Felony »

Santa Fe Chicken Salad

1 head of Iceberg lettuce - coarsely shredded
1 red onion - thinly sliced
1/4 C canned Garbonzo beans
1/4 C canned Lima beans
1/4 C canned Red Kidney beans
1/4 C canned Black Soya beans
(I buy the first three types of beans already canned called "Bean Medley" and I use one can of the "Medley", and one can of Black beans per salad)

**Thoroughly rinse beans before using**

2/3 C fresh or frozen Corn Kernels (I use Green Giant "Peaches and Cream" Niblets - thawed)
1/4 C shredded Medium Cheddar Cheese
1/4 C shredded Jack Cheese
1/4 C shredded Mozzarella Cheese (You can also use Kraft "Tex-Mex" blended cheese)
1 handful of crushed Taco chips
3-4 BBQ'd Chicken Breasts - depending on number of servings

mix all the ingredients, except chicken, together in large bowl and place serving on individual plates. Slice warm Chicken thinly and lay one sliced breast on each serving on top of salad.

Dressing

1 C Mayonaisse
4 T Lime juice
2-3 T Cumin

mix mayoniasse and lime juice to consistency of sour cream ( add more lime juice if necessary) and add Cumin to taste.

Drizzle Chicken with dressing and enjoy with a dry white wine, or REALLY cold beer. :beer1:

Here's another if you like Lemon Juice

Super Lemon Juice

2 medium lemons
1 resealable jar big enough to hold lemons
2 T Salt
2 T Sugar
bottled lemon juice

Slice the lemons vertically four or five times around circumference, just deep enough to pierce skin.

Stuff lemons into jar and add sugar and salt.

Fill jar with bottled lemon juice and put in cupboard for 3-4 weeks. The sugar and salt ferment with the juice and add incredible flavour.

As you use your new concoction, simply top off with bottled lemon juice, and every 3-4 months replace one of the lemons and add 1 T each of sugar and salt.

OK..........the salad works with Prawns and the Paprika dressing as well. Used shredded Romano cheese this time..............Think I prefer the original, tho'.

BTW, I forgot to add crushed Taco chips to the original....and rinse the beans before using................I gotta start writing this stuff down. The recipes I post are my own, so as I come up with different things, I'll let you know.