Chili Recipe

Like To Cook? Post your best recipes and share your food and drink experiences here.

Moderators: Paul.nz, Hottieshottie, Moving Target

Race Bannon
General
General

Chili Recipe

Post by Race Bannon »

Ok Guys and Gals.

I am looking for a good Chili recipe. I’m not looking for one that will set me mouth on fire, but something with a little heat.

I don’t care how long the recipe takes to make. I don’t care if you cook it in a cast iron pot or a slow cooker or….

Let’s see what you all can come up with.

Race.
ViPER
Supreme Commander
Supreme Commander

Post by ViPER »

Great time of the year for this - the wife has a strict recipe that I don't know what it is. When I make it, I try something different every time. I have this book, take a look at the titles and if you see something you want to try let me know and ill post it.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/reader/1556226 ... eader-link

Basically Chili is a Meat dish with hot peppers and spices such as cumin garlic and salt. Some may add Beans and veggies like tomatoes and onions even spaghetti.

If you don't like hot you may want to half the hot spices and replace the hottest peppers with mild bell peppers.
ViPER
Supreme Commander
Supreme Commander

Post by ViPER »

This thread made me hungry for Chili, so I made this with ingredients i had at home - choosing what I like in meat and veggies and spice to taste.

meat
1 lb. grnd dark turkey (the healthy choice)
1 lb. hot Italian sausage (it's pretty hot)

Veggies
some tomatoes and 2 cans diced tomatoes
2 onions
1 bell pepper
1/2 garlic bulb
1 can kidney beans

spice
chili powder (3 tsp)
cayenne powder (1 tsp)
black pepper (1 tsp)
salt to taste

brown your meat on a pan add 1 sliced onion and your garlic, stir in spices and let cook. Stir in second onion
near the end of cooking

in a crock pot combine the rest of the veggies and set to high. add in the meat when it is cooked and let simmer for a couple hours. taste check a half hour in... to add any spices to your liking.

for mild - do not add cayenne, for more heat add some fresh diced up chili peppers or habaneroes.

I like it over pasta! to gild the lilly - add a juicey bbq burger patty on the pasta and cover with your chili - melt a slice of your fav cheese on top.

My Lunch today - mmmm leftovers!
hitman
< TWL > Hall of Fame
< TWL > Hall of Fame

Post by hitman »

mmm that looks good i well have to do that recipe
Image ALL MUST DIE SAME DAY Y NOT NOW
SuicideBomber(inPA)

Post by SuicideBomber(inPA) »

:cheers: MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM chilly is my favorite food...................on or off a hot dog lol :twl:
<center>Image<center>