Yesterday i went to the wellington air show.

Honoring All Who Serve: Look here for historical discussions regarding Military Service and WWII.

Moderators: Paul.nz, ViPER

Paul.nz
General
General

Yesterday i went to the wellington air show.

Post by Paul.nz »

Yesterday i went to a airshow and loved every minute of it.My favourite moment was having a coursier and hurricane chasing each other in a dogfight situation.There were lots of bi and tri planes and the usual yaks.

Well i took over 400 photos so that will do for now.Hopefully next year i will have a slr camera to take better photos.
Paul.nz
General
General

More

Post by Paul.nz »

Some more photos if you arn't bored yet

ViPER
Supreme Commander
Supreme Commander

Post by ViPER »

Nice shots - any ww2 bombers?

I like the tank - a british markiv or v? isee more tanks, very far away.

also, any history on any of the planes, especially the corsair and the tiger.
Paul.nz
General
General

tanks

Post by Paul.nz »

very old traction engines

anyone want to repower their car?

Sorry i didn't get many photos of the tanks and i cant really give information on the planes.I have never seen a spitfire and unfortunatly one was supposed to be there but it damaged something on the practise so it wasn't there which was a shame.But the corsier was there to cheer me up again.The look of the bent wings and the sound of the engine is just amazing.I took over 400 photos and about 30 videos and used two sets of batteries.
In the next few weeks i will go through them again and choose the best ones and touch the photos up nicer.
Hloudowig
General
General

Post by Hloudowig »

Sssuuuweeeet and Way Cool :thumbup1: :thumbup1: :thumbup1:

In the US, the largest air show is Oshkosh (Wisconsin), the 2nd largest is the Sun'n'Fun in Florida. SS and I have been to a couple of the FL show. I'll have to dig up the photos from that and post 'em. Lots of flyable WWII aircraft, SS and I even flew in a WWII bi-plane trainer! Now that was cool. Flights in the B-25 Mitchells was a little steep - $250

:banghead:

Great pics Paul! :Beer:
Paul.nz
General
General

i would pay it

Post by Paul.nz »

If a ride was 250 i would gladly pay it.Firstly you would get a wonderfull experience which not many people would be able to do,and secondly the money made keeps the wonderfull plane in the air.It costs a lot to maintain so the more money they can make will keep the old birds flying forever.
Schutzstaffel
General
General

Post by Schutzstaffel »

Damn paul those are very good pics from the camera you got there. I love the Fokker DR 1 Triplane. One of the most unique planes of WWI. You need to post some more paul.
Paul.nz
General
General

tri plane

Post by Paul.nz »

more

Unfortunatly i didn't get many photos of the bi-plane.I like the underwing planes like the coursier and spitfire the best then the bi-planes.I dont know the names of most of them or the historys etc but they are simply amaizing to watch.You may know peter jackson from the king kong and lord of the rings.He lives about 5 minutes from this airfield and apparantly has invested a lot of money in the planes which are flying or being restored.Flying is his passion and apparantly in king kong he was flying one of the planes (movie) and shooting kong up the tower.
The show will be back in 2 years and once again i will be there.