Us soldiers coming here

Honoring All Who Serve: Look here for historical discussions regarding Military Service and WWII.

Moderators: Paul.nz, ViPER

Paul.nz
General
General

Us soldiers coming here

Post by Paul.nz »

On the news today was a segment saying some usa soldiers will be coming to wellington.They are coming to celebrate the landing when they arrived in wellington 70 years ago.
A few of my posts back (under bikeride) stated where they stayed 70 years ago.I know exactly where it will be and it will be very popular.I will be there but sadly my nana died last year and i know she would have loved to go.My grandfather was in the second world war and my nana worked in factorys making uniforms etc for the soldiers.She also told me at nights she would write small letters and put them in all the tops she made.
I have seen a lot of video footage when the americans arrived while i was growing up and the storys from my nana and other people.
I dont know how they will come here because we are a nuclear free country and unfortunatly that includes nuclear powered ships.Hopefully the us navy would have a non nuclear ship so it can come for the reuninion.

This is very good for new zealand because the new zealand - usa ties have been stretched due to our nuclear free policy.