Need for Speed

MOH in general & Other Favorites: Here you can discuss all your favorite games.

Moderators: Paul.nz, Hottieshottie

ViPER
Supreme Commander
Supreme Commander

Need for Speed

Post by ViPER »

I just want to discuss NFS a bit. After playing several times I wanted to weigh in with my thoughts on the game.

Pros-
I like the world concept - players enter the world on a master server and can drive around looking for trouble or events.
I also like that you can store your friend contacts and invite them to private races.
the game can be played easily without the use of a wheel.

Cons-
the world is terribly laggy.
everyone speaks spanish.
you earn car modifications through experience. This means you are forever at the heals of those who started before you and will start to win as new people join the game behind you.
players can pay "real cash" for cars and improvements. So if your really into it you can win races by paying to the game.
players can pay "real cash" for hacks and cheats. the game play is based on cheating so if you want you can even pay to win a race before all the cars have even started.

unfortuneatley, I witnessed our own members exploiting things like false starts not to mention useing different cars that carry advantages over others.

So If you think people hack in mohaa where the playing ground is relatively level, then rest assured you will experience unfair and uneven gameplay in NFS at its very best as it is built into the game.

I encourage everyone playing this game to keep 1 basic (start level) car for group events and keep it fair and balanced.

or get Flatout2. this game is way better and you can give everone the same car of your choice on any event
con(wheel recommended) better investment then buying cheats

what are your thoughts about nfs?
:twl:
Paul.nz
General
General

Bad points

Post by Paul.nz »

The worst thing is you can never trust what you see.I was racing with 3 of our guys and i got hit head on then the other one blocked me.This took a lot of time but the others never hit me at all and got a long way ahead.You cant tell if anyone is beside you and even if you try to play clean you are always hitting the other racers into the wall.You may overtake someone and be in first place but people finish in front of you.Definatly dont trust the order and times of people finishing,its mostly wrong.
Takeoff can be weird.One race you start fast and get ahead of people and others you get held back while the others pull away.
One of the worst things about this is if you crash and fall behind,the last car dosn't get a bit more power etc to catch up like most car games so experienced racers will be at the finish line and logging out while others will still be racing.
The game is incredibly buggy from computer shutdowns (like mine),to disappearing to desktop to people not getting race invitations and everyone having to leave the race and reboot.

Good points hitting cop cars
very good points speecing away from cop cars
very bad points roadspikes basically kill the engine till you are captured,i would expect a poor handling car not a dead engine.
Roadrunner
Division Commander
Division Commander

Post by Roadrunner »

I agree that the game is fun, but VERY frustrating with the items mentioned.

I am going to find Flat Out to see if that is more realistic. I will say the false starts are most likely a glitch because
I get them sometimes and I don't even know why.

Having said that, it is not nearly as much fun as it could be. I think if we all had the same base car with no mods our
group could have fun with it.
ViPER
Supreme Commander
Supreme Commander

Post by ViPER »

I agree, if the event group were all useing the same base car this game would be much better.
Kgb

Post by Kgb »

I drive like Road shoots so you can imagine my frustration....just kidding. I seem to enjoy the pursuit races against the cops and enjoy racing in our own group...give us all the same cars etc. and I think it would be gooder. I played spearhead the other nite , by myself or as some would say with all my friends. I miss the games and the trash talk. NFS is a nice change but I favor good ole rifles...I miss playing with my regular foursome...Ouch , Recce and LJ. I hope we resume soon...tee time Monday thru Friday 7:00. Over and Out... :cheers: :cheers: