UPDATED FORUMS

The War Room: Look here for official notices, updates and the the latest news. http://www.gameservers.com/clanpay/?cla ... 345d5ddac2

Moderators: Paul.nz, ViPER

ViPER
Supreme Commander
Supreme Commander

UPDATED FORUMS

Post by ViPER »

I would like to thank Fire Cracker for taking the time to update the TWL forums! Good Job!!!! :Beer: :Beer:

An update to the forums has been much needed for many years. Mainly to keep the forums protected from various exploits that haunt older versions of php.

The new version is simple and organized, less cluttered and more efficient.

You may notice a few compromises and changes due to the update. Mainly no more medals. medals were fun but also, for the most part were abandoned due to ongoing maintainence requirements. You may also notice a change in some ranks.... Also due to ongoing maintainence requirements- The Rank system is now automated (upto GEN). Sorry for those dissapointed in the rank change.... but this had to be done to minimize the massive effort put into sustaining the old system.

Thanks so much and enjoy,
ViP
FireCracker
Division Commander
Division Commander

Re: UPDATED FORUMS

Post by FireCracker »

Not a problem... Glad I could help!

Does seem like we need to iron out some wrinkles though. You might have already noticed new threads and threads with new posts aren't being sorted to the top of the list. I'm sure there's an option in the admin panel that can correct this vip.

I'm going out of town for a couple days, but I'll help if you need it when I get back!

-Fire Cracker
IGnOraNcE
General
General

Post by IGnOraNcE »

yeah thx beast :whip:
ViPER
Supreme Commander
Supreme Commander

Post by ViPER »

FireCracker wrote:Not a problem... Glad I could help!

Does seem like we need to iron out some wrinkles though. You might have already noticed new threads and threads with new posts aren't being sorted to the top of the list. I'm sure there's an option in the admin panel that can correct this vip.

I'm going out of town for a couple days, but I'll help if you need it when I get back!

-Fire Cracker
new posts are landing at the top of the list just below Stickies.... I will be reviewing old stickies and makeing them announcements or normal posts.