Bad News for MOH - Gamespy Closure

The War Room: Look here for official notices, updates and the the latest news. http://www.gameservers.com/clanpay/?cla ... 345d5ddac2

Moderators: Paul.nz, ViPER

ViPER
Supreme Commander
Supreme Commander

Bad News for MOH - Gamespy Closure

Post by ViPER »

The day Gamespy closes down is the day that the server list in game will be dead. We have been aware this would happen some day and now we know the date.

On May 31st Gamespy will be shutting down the game list and it will effect AA/SH/BT and other games.

Gamespy

Our servers will continue to be running, however users will need to connect directly. I have updated the quick connect for both our servers so be sure to get everyone to download this server connect tool to help keep us going.

DOWNLOAD the quick connect tool here - and extract the pk3 into your mainta
TWL QUICK LAUNCH

Get on Teamspeak to find the game with TWL.

TWL TEAMSPEAK
63.210.145.16:9153 pass is twl

OUR SERVERS ARE-

OBJ SERVER
63.141.232.6:12203
CUSTOM SERVER
68.232.164.170:12203

There is more discussion about possibly setting up a community master server, so maybe something can be done to continue functionality of the in-game list.

you can read more about it here -

TMT
and
Xnull

Vip
FireCracker
Division Commander
Division Commander

Re: Bad News for MOH - Gamespy Closure

Post by FireCracker »

Noooooooooooooooo :yikes:
ViPER
Supreme Commander
Supreme Commander

Post by ViPER »

I've been thinking with the gamespy closure It looks like our best bet to continue with MOH is to go with the REBORN patch.... Regardless what happens... to continue running, AA and SH will need master server support and all clients will need to get a patch.... As far as I can tell REBORN is working to provide these solutions including a whole list of fixes.

It is possible someone may come up with a solution for SH eventually but I don't think it will be by May 31st. And I believe we will see an immediate and drastic drop of players starting June 1st. Several of our members won't even join the server unless its at least half full, so that leaves 2 or 3 players at peak times and that's wishful thinking.

REBORN is available for windows and Linux so I thought I might try getting REBORN up on the Dallas (CUSTOM) server. What does everyone think?

Take a look at REBORN and let me know.

thanks,
Vip

http://www.x-null.net/MOH2/
Paul.nz
General
General

Post by Paul.nz »

I still use the yahoo all seeing eye to enter all games.I manually enter the ips for the servers i go into (used to go into) and connect that way.I am not sure if that will continue to work but if it does it wont effect me at all.The only time it will effect me is if the server ip changes.
The only way i can see servers remaining is if people use the quick launch program and if the ip changes they download the new one.We all know this will not happen.
I have not seen or used this reborn and i am positive people wont download it.It looks like it is a anticheat program and i have no idea if it scans for new ips etc and direct people to the servers.If it dosn't do this i cant see the point in running it because people wont see the server to join.
Right now we need to start a advertising campaign to teach people how to enter games with ips.When setting up clan matches about 70 or 80 percent of people did not know how to enter a server with ips expecially if it was passworded.
My gut feeling is the first of june most players wont know how to join a server and the ones that do know will stop playing if the server ip changes.

Looking at the website the quick launch is a zip file.Would this be better as a pk3.I just downloaded it to test and my winrar wouldn't unzip it to a pk3 or do anything.
Is it possible to put a shortcut on the website and if people press it the game starts and automatically goes into the server (teamspeak does this).

I will talk to ripper on the weekend because he is looking into it as well.It wont effect his server though because we only play custom and everyone is always in teamspeak.
ViPER
Supreme Commander
Supreme Commander

Post by ViPER »

Yes Paul, ASE is a program that uses the master list so it is my understanding these wont work including the server viewer programs.

Reborn is basically a Patch for mohaa... the ppl working on it see this as a good time to update the patch with a new master server. I think reborn already has a following.