Gamespy

The War Room: Look here for official notices, updates and the the latest news. http://www.gameservers.com/clanpay/?cla ... 345d5ddac2

Moderators: Paul.nz, ViPER

ViPER
Supreme Commander
Supreme Commander

Gamespy

Post by ViPER »

I believe Gamespy will go down sometime in the next 24 hours. right now I see 175 servers in Qtracker and 107 servers in gamespy... so If GS shut down now It appears we would have about 50 servers in Spearhead.

Our Allied Assault server is now functioning with the new Qtracker server.

Our Spearhead server may take a couple days to get converted over.

If you have trouble finding the Spearhead server in the in-game browser list during this transition period, simply direct connect.

:twl:
ViPER
Supreme Commander
Supreme Commander

Re: Gamespy

Post by ViPER »

34 days after gamespy closed their doors and let their employees go and 4 days after the intended server shutdown deadline, the Gamespy server is still running. I did some searching and came across this article (below) that may help explain the delay. It sounds like EA may be having second thoughts about ending some of their Battlefield titles (maybe others).

On the other hand, I am sure EA realizes that the cost to support over 50 games on theses servers is minimal (less then it costs for their employess to drink crappy office coffee) and the real reason they want to cut support for all these games is because they want us to buy new ones.

At any rate the Qtracker fix is working great! Our #1 server has been directed to qtracker instead of gamespy for the last three days and the traffic did not appear to change. So gamespy or no gamespy it appears we will be fine. In the meantime, I have requested that our sh server be switched back to gamespy so we may continue to capture any additional players returning to the game and inform them of the fix.

http://www.polygon.com/2014/4/11/560423 ... er-gamespy

ggs
vip