quadcopters

Off-Topic: Away from the game. Want to chit chat about anything, do it here ...

Moderators: Paul.nz, Silo, GASOLINE^*^IGNITED, Hottieshottie

ViPER
Supreme Commander
Supreme Commander

quadcopters

Post by ViPER »

Came across this.... amazing

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w2itwFJCgFQ
Paul.nz
General
General

Re: quadcopters

Post by Paul.nz »

Quadcopters are very popular here now because they are so easy to fly.I have 4 helicopters which two have gyros and two dont.The gyros installed make flying easy (level flight).People are now putting gyros into model gliders for a smooth landing.
Now back to the video,i am very impressed with what they managed to do with gps,gyros and the computer.The speed in which the computer must work is outstanding.I wonder how many quadcopters they broke developing this but we will all see this technology in the near future.
In the real world picture the superbowl with gps sensors around the sides.You sit at seat number g15,ring the bar,credit a few dollars and a quadcopter brings you a beer without having to move (apparantly this is like marriage).
These quadcopters are popping up everywhere now (my mate has a huge one for aerial photography) and in time they will move away from being a toy to being a tool.Remember seeing the small remote control cars (bmws) in the chinese olympic games zipping about the place from carrying information to returning javalins etc.

On a totally different topic about the quadcopters clubs and fliers have had to push the name "quadcopters"...Some organizations class them as drones (name not allowed) and tried to get them banned.Drones carry weapons,use cameras for spying and many other things for defence etc etc.On the tv viewers see what drones can do in war times and unfortunatly think their safety and privacy is at risk with quadcopters around which is not the case,they are toys,they can fly for 10 to 20 minutes and cost from 100 to 3000 usd (guess).

Awsome video and i am looking forward to seeing more.