Be prepared

Off-Topic: Away from the game. Want to chit chat about anything, do it here ...

Moderators: Paul.nz, Silo, GASOLINE^*^IGNITED, Hottieshottie

ViPER
Supreme Commander
Supreme Commander

Be prepared

Post by ViPER »

In the event of a catastrophic emergency or state of federal martial law, it is likely that help will be non existant for weeks maybe even months -

We should all be prepared for such an event by -

1. storing food and water supplies at home and water and emergency kits in our cars.

2. keep your car gas tanks and cooking propane tanks full.

3. you should have flashlights and a radio with spare batteries or even a handcrank radio.

4. Keep first aid supplies at home and in the car - include blankets and protective gloves.

5. I recomend hiding a wad of cash - even a couple hundred could come in handy if the banks are closed down for an unknown amount of time.

6. Keep your cell phones charged - and be sure you have at least one direct line phone in case all your phones are power dependant.

7. Don't forget to plan for your pets - add an extra bag of food in the cycle and some extra water.

Post any other ideas you may have to prepare -

Here a source for emergency supplies

http://beprepared.com/Default.asp?
hitman
< TWL > Hall of Fame
< TWL > Hall of Fame

Post by hitman »

wtf is this do u no samthing we do not lol .....................and one thing u must no if that was to hapin is nathing keep a big saplie of BEER on hand just in caes that way u well not no what the hell is going on lol jk ........butt for rill a smale tool kitt might came in handy
Image ALL MUST DIE SAME DAY Y NOT NOW
kelli0n

Post by kelli0n »

:ditto: then put head between your legs and kiss your ass goodbye lol. Seriously, we take for granted the things we have that I wouldnt want to be without. I think ill make a survival kit tommorow, thanks Vip!
DID I MISS? MY RIFLE MUST BE BENT!
ViPER
Supreme Commander
Supreme Commander

Post by ViPER »

Candles are good

Matches

stock up on firewood.
Ouch
General
General

Post by Ouch »

geesh viper u just discribed how we "canucks" get thru a winter...but you are correct in the fact "most" people are not ready for any kind of disruption in there manacured life style....simple survival skills are out the window in this "instant" gradification life that everyone lives now... how upset do we get when the power goes off? most run around in the dark looking for a flash light.. god help if the power stays out more then afew hours..."panic" thats a word that can kill and most go there when unprepared... take vipers advice people... stock up on supplies.. one never knows when life will decide to change gears on ya.....(living on an island thats suppose to sink in an event of a large earthquake make me wonder ... why do i live here???)... :sos:
thru the mud and the blood.. to the green fields beyound
squeek
< TWL > Hall of Fame
< TWL > Hall of Fame

Post by squeek »

Great advice Vip,
I have purchased survival supplies/kits from the red cross. the family one for the house comes in a nice backpack and includes everything to get you through for two weeks. It also includes a radio.
also we have stocked drinking water in two liter bottles and froze them.
Very good post, we should all be thinking of that kind of stuff.
***NON ILLIGITAMUS CARBORUNDUM***
Desert Templar

Post by Desert Templar »

Stay t home?? Stay safe?? Fuck that, if theres a problem im going LOOTING!!! WOOHOO! lol, nah seriously. my dads alerady got most of the stuff on the list in the basemnt, and what we dotn have there is in the attic.
"On The Battlefield, it is the luck of the draw"
GASOLINE^*^IGNITED
General
General

Post by GASOLINE^*^IGNITED »

WELL , LIVING IN A HURRICAN AREA ,, THAT IS A YEARLY THING FOR US .. WE GO WEEKS WITH OUT POWER,PHONES,FOOD STORES, ECT. ECT. I KEEP STOCK OF SUCH STUFF ALL THE TIME ,, AND BACK YARD COOKING IS FUN FOR THE HOLE FAMILY ,, ITS LIKE A OUT DOOR DINNING ROOM ,, LOL ... IF YOU HAVE CAMPING SKILLS AND GEAR ,, THINGS LIKE THAT COME IN HANDY IN TIME OF NEED ... THERE ARE WAYS TO GET BY IN TIMES LIKE THAT ,, JUST USE YOUR HEAD ,, DON'T PANIC , THINK THINGS OUT BEFOR YOU ACT ,, STAY CALM ,, AND MAKE THE BEST OF WHAT YOU HAVE .....

GASMAN
kelli0n

Post by kelli0n »

You all are scaring me, if my internet goes out for more than an hour, I start freaking. A laptop is going in my survival kit along with a 40oz. MOH fully loaded and ready to go. Screw everything else LOL. :finger:
Last edited by kelli0n on Thu Aug 16, 2007 11:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Namanation
< TWL > Hall of Fame
< TWL > Hall of Fame

Post by Namanation »

50 gallons of gasoline, 1 trust worthy generator, power strip, pc, wireless connection, 10 gallons of water, propane stove and more gas =), 75 packs of top ramon, box of tampons (for those nasty cuts), a blankie for cumfort, am/fm radio, vasaline (dont ask), cell phone, a lighter 2 liter bottle 2 inch piece of pipe with bowl and some gum. 12 twenkies, the latest issue of sports ill. swim suit, a pic of vipers wife and some tiolet paper. What else could you possibly need.
Sorry vipe you know I love you. :sos:
Namanation
< TWL > Hall of Fame
< TWL > Hall of Fame

Post by Namanation »

squeek wrote:Great advice Vip,
I have purchased survival supplies/kits from the red cross. the family one for the house comes in a nice backpack and includes everything to get you through for two weeks. It also includes a radio.
also we have stocked drinking water in two liter bottles and froze them.
Very good post, we should all be thinking of that kind of stuff.
Hey Squeek, you live in Lake Tapps? Right on, thats where I grew up. OG from Driftwood point and Tapps Island lol. :hitman:
kelli0n

Post by kelli0n »

ROFLMAO :funny:
squeek
< TWL > Hall of Fame
< TWL > Hall of Fame

Post by squeek »

Nam,
Yeah, I actually live on Tacoma point. Been in that area my whole life. Love the area.
***NON ILLIGITAMUS CARBORUNDUM***
BillCollector
General
General

Post by BillCollector »

Nam?????? When the hell did you crawl back from the sewers??? How goes it pal?
I knew violence wansn't the answer, I got it wrong on purpose
Namanation
< TWL > Hall of Fame
< TWL > Hall of Fame

Post by Namanation »

BillCollector wrote:Nam?????? When the hell did you crawl back from the sewers??? How goes it pal?
hahahahaahahahahahaahahahahahahahaha!!! So check it out, I make real good money now, doing what you might ask lol. Working for a septic company. Great guess Bill =). Ill be back in no time, I thought all you old timers died by now.