How to Max FPS in Console

Tech Talk: Discuss gaming or computer issues here! We will provide answers to general setup questions, configuration problems and support for determining common problems mostly related to bugs.

Moderators: Paul.nz, ViPER, Hottieshottie

Recoil
< TWL > Hall of Fame
< TWL > Hall of Fame

How to Max FPS in Console

Post by Recoil »

Can anyone tell me how to set max on FPS in the console correctly?
Mine is stuck at 60 or less, will nto acceed...Before I reinstalled the game I was getting over 100.
The recoil when firing a gun is the backward momentum of a gun, which is equal to the forward momentum of the bullet or shell, due to conservation of momentum. It has to be absorbed by for example the wrist, the shoulder or the carriage.
ViPER
Supreme Commander
Supreme Commander

Post by ViPER »

For those that don't know FPS is the frames per second that your screen is regenerated by your machine. In the game you can see what your fps is by entering this in your console -

Code: Select all

fps 1
you can turn it off like this -

fps 0
Now the thing to remember about max fps is you dont want your machine eating up efficiency trying to reach 1000 fps when it can only achieve 60. I would argue that the eye can not detect iterations exceeding 75 - 80 ! So I recommend you set the maximum at 10 % above your average and I would never set it higher then 100 - thats just wasting resources - adding to lag, connection problems and other problems.

e.g. if you range 50 - 90 fps then set the max to 100.

Use this to set the max -

com_maxfps 100
Recoil
< TWL > Hall of Fame
< TWL > Hall of Fame

Post by Recoil »

Thanks Viper!

I aree, I have never reached over, but I thought it strange my machine was stuck at 62 and never over. I changed to a higher resolution graphics card, and since then it seems I have not gone passed 62 and seem to always be in the 30's and 40's. I believed that this caused a slowness in reaction time within the game...guess I was wrong there but still do not understand why my FPS is so low.
I will try the code you provided and see what happens.
Much apreciated for your quick response.

See ya in the game!
Recoil
The recoil when firing a gun is the backward momentum of a gun, which is equal to the forward momentum of the bullet or shell, due to conservation of momentum. It has to be absorbed by for example the wrist, the shoulder or the carriage.
Drifter
Division Commander
Division Commander

max FPS

Post by Drifter »

com_maxfps XXX ........................ understand that if u have a higher fps your ping will be affected too ie: higher ping.............................

Drif
Felony
< TWL > Hall of Fame
< TWL > Hall of Fame

Game Optimization

Post by Felony »

Go here-http://ddayall.com/forums/index.html
Then do a search for "Game Optimization"

There are links in this post which could help explain.
However some of these actually hurt certain players performance, so take your time and use discretion.