Off-Topic: Away from the game. Want to chit chat about anything, do it here ...

Moderators: Paul.nz, Silo, GASOLINE^*^IGNITED, Hottieshottie

ViPER
Supreme Commander
Supreme Commander

Post by ViPER »

Just saw 300 and wanted to share some thoughts.

I look forward to movies like this because i am interested in history, especially ancient warefare. 300 is a great movie but not for the reasons i like these kinds of movies. There is little if any historical trueness to the film. 300 seems to be based on the fact that a long time ago the Spartans had a battle with the persians at the Hot Gates and thats about it. The rest is fiction inspired from a comic book.

If you like a fact based story then 300 is not for you. 300 is a great comic book, Ill admit that - lots of fighting and action and good battle scenes and if you like that its a great movie.

ViP
Fro

Post by Fro »

I saw it and really liked it as well. It was better than I thought it would be.
Monkey

Post by Monkey »

I have also seen 300 and enjoyed it thoughly. I recomend all go and seee it. You dont even care that it was all filmed in a wharehouse. All the backgrounds look like works of art and all tha costumes are really good.
Go Canucks Go
AstroDan
< TWL > Hall of Fame
< TWL > Hall of Fame

Post by AstroDan »

Hey.
Haven't seen 300. I really don't see the allure of a digital work. If you want realism, check out "ROME". It is an HBO series that just finished its' 2nd and last season. I am a huge movie buff (IMHO I know everything! :worthy: :loco: )
Not really, but I rate this as maybe the best anything ever filmed! Just go out and by last seasons DVD and when this years' comes out, buy it. 5 full stars!
I put it at the level of "One flew over the Cuckoo's nest". 10 minutes into episode 1 and I knew this was it.
Absolutely real.
Nuff said

:rose: :snoopy:
Energy is renewable....expend as much as possible

Think Liberally-Act Conservatively
AstroDan
< TWL > Hall of Fame
< TWL > Hall of Fame

Post by AstroDan »

Viper:
If you want "real" history, you gotta check out Rome. It's the "real Deal"

GO SHARKS!!!!!
Energy is renewable....expend as much as possible

Think Liberally-Act Conservatively
hitman
< TWL > Hall of Fame
< TWL > Hall of Fame

Post by hitman »

i have seen prvows look good i my have to it
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

I saw the 300 as well. Good entertainment. Not too much fact based material, other then some of the quotes. The secretaries form work loved all the buff guys wearing next to nothing with their perfect teeth :roll: . They all gave the film rave reviews.
The history channel had a GREAT 2 hours special on the 300. Very informative and interesting :mrgreen: .