hot sauces

Like To Cook? Post your best recipes and share your food and drink experiences here.

Moderators: Paul.nz, Hottieshottie, Moving Target

ViPER
Supreme Commander
Supreme Commander

hot sauces

Post by ViPER »

I love hot sauce of all types - here are some of my favorites.

Cholula is my main fav - it is a unique hot sauce flavor like liquid chilli powder and good for most meats or wraps and sandwiches.

Tapatio - this has a hint of cummin flavor that makes it conducive to most grilled meats.

Frank's wing sauce - OMG this taste like hot spicy butter - we drink this stuff.

Tabasco makes a mean chipottle hot sauce - man the flavor of this is awesome - a carnitas burrito on the side of a plate of this sauce makes a meal.

The best Chili Sauce Ive ever had - sharks brand chili sauce is a product of thailand - heres a link i found we get it at our asian market. (hard to find)
http://images.google.com/imgres?imgurl= ... n%26sa%3DN

Mae Ploy sweet chili sauce is also good on chicken and can be found in some stores ethnic isle.

lol - I also like taco bell hot sauce for adding to beans - salads (mac or green) or mixing with dressings - its like liquid black pepper and not to hot.

there are several vinager based habenero and cayene based sauces that are good. I like many of this variety that i get Trader joes habenero or 365 (whole foods organic brand) hot sauce - natuural value - and many more of this type.

for real hot with good flavor and heat - you cant beat something like -

BUSHA BROWNEs PUKKA hot pepper sauce - made with crushed scotch bonnet peppers - this is probably the hotest nice flavors of all my favorites.

I do not like sauces like Dave's insanity sauce - these unnatural blends of laboratory developed concentrations of capsicum is like eating hot plastic.

Post your favorite HOT SAUCE - i will try it out.
hitman
< TWL > Hall of Fame
< TWL > Hall of Fame

Post by hitman »

mmmm hot sauc :worthy: es
Jimmy
< TWL > Hall of Fame
< TWL > Hall of Fame

Post by Jimmy »

OMG se' haba espanol LMAO besides being the master of map making his is a gourmet pepper man.

I will try some of these hot sauces Vip, I love the Jalapeno and smoke jalapeno or chipolte but finding a good one in AK is tough.

Wasabi is another one of my favorites Waaaaaaasabiiiiiii
<center>Image

Evil Prospers When Good Men Do Nothing<center>
ViPER
Supreme Commander
Supreme Commander

Post by ViPER »

OH YEA - reminds me - i love BEAVER creamed horseradish with a thick juicy piece of prime rib. hmmmm

oh man - maybe once every 2 years I get a standing rack of prime rib - like $80-$100.

I bbq it nice and slow and smoky goooooood!
Jimmy
< TWL > Hall of Fame
< TWL > Hall of Fame

Post by Jimmy »

Did someone mention prime Prime Rib!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! oh ya babe

I have been told by everyone that I have cooked this for and that is two to many (the leaches) as this is expensive to do a 8 or 10 lb rib roast. My Prime Rib is the best they have ever eaten, no brag just fact. But then it really depends on the roast, more marbling the better.

I will post the recipe in another post
<center>Image

Evil Prospers When Good Men Do Nothing<center>
Murloc

Post by Murloc »

I am Korean and mexican so I was raised with the hottest of the hot spicy foods, I am amazed I dont have ulcers! The hottest I ever had was called "Dave's Insanity" do a google search and you will find it. I was in a mess hall in the CCC and we were passing it around to flavor a hopeless beef stew, one drop in bowl made it too hot to touch.

I understand that there is a Dave's Insanity Private Reserve that's even hotter.

I like Tapatio myself for good flavor and zip
ViPER
Supreme Commander
Supreme Commander

Re: hot sauces

Post by ViPER »

Hehe - you may have missed this -
ViPER wrote: I do not like sauces like Dave's insanity sauce - these unnatural blends of laboratory developed concentrations of capsicum is like eating hot plastic.
they are developed in the lab by manipulating the capsicum of the hottest peppers to upto 10,000 times thier natural heat level. I am surprissed if they are considered food product.
Moving Target
< TWL > Hall of Fame
< TWL > Hall of Fame

Post by Moving Target »

Viper.....Try this with your creamed horseradish.

Go to Costco and get yourself a beef tenderloin. Bake it at 500F, 10-12 mins per pound, (8-9 mins for rare) and let stand for 5 mins before carving. Serve with garlic mash potatoes and fresh baby asparagus. Nuke the asparagus until just warmed up.................for Gawd's sake don't boil it! And remember, the beef will continue to cook for a few minutes after your take it from the oven, so watch it carefully!

We need to get Felony to dig out our old "Like to Cook" thread..........I don't feel like retyping those recipes.
See Ya There!
Murloc

Post by Murloc »

Heh Heh sorry Viper I should have read the whole list...lol

Dave's is pretty hot man. I like Surihacha paste too as far as I now that is a crushed Thai chilli pepper.

If you can find it there is a mild flavorful sauce great as a glaze for grilling shrimp its called "Tiger Sauce"