Xfire!!!

Off-Topic: Away from the game. Want to chit chat about anything, do it here ...

Moderators: Paul.nz, Silo, GASOLINE^*^IGNITED, Hottieshottie

GaS*SøN|A

Xfire!!!

Post by GaS*SøN|A »

You Guys Should Get Xfire..Its A Good Online Game Chat..You Can Send Files Though Xfire..And It Will Be Alot Easier to do.And it is a GOOD way to keep in touch wilth firends..so if u think you want it just go to www.xfire.com and get it..if you do this is my username: fcfgasson its just a username...when i was in =FCF= i got Xfire and i put that username..so if ya get it just add me and ill show you how to use it.. :mrgreen:
FragQueen

Post by FragQueen »

Yep great tool and it has voice chat as well. It's terrific for file transfer. Blondi480 if you want to add me.

Frag
Felony
< TWL > Hall of Fame
< TWL > Hall of Fame

Post by Felony »

We now have an X-FIRE button within our <TWL> Member profile page. You can add me as felony3
Felony
< TWL > Hall of Fame
< TWL > Hall of Fame

Post by Felony »

FragQueen wrote:Yep great tool and it has voice chat as well. It's terrific for file transfer. Blondi480 if you want to add me.

Frag
<TWL> now has a x-fire clan page, www.xfire.com/clans/thewarlegends/. Please check it out and sign up if so inclined.

This could facilitate clan matches.... as FQ was saying its a great IM tool and voice chat within the game which could suppliment our public TS.
ViPER
Supreme Commander
Supreme Commander

Post by ViPER »

looks good - how does this compare to TS? Could it replace it? TS will always be available but hate to have to run another background program while in the game.
Felony
< TWL > Hall of Fame
< TWL > Hall of Fame

Post by Felony »

The IM feature: I hear it is lag free whilst in the game.
The voice chat feature runs independently on a "power users" puter (auto selects the highest speed connection).

Once your use to it's a rather smooth opperation.
FragQueen

Post by FragQueen »

Fel, just go to tools/options/ chat and in there you can bind the keys you want to use to activate it in game.

:glasses:
Felony
< TWL > Hall of Fame
< TWL > Hall of Fame

Post by Felony »

You can register xfire under any user name because there is a feature to set a custom clan nickname.
For example. I reg under felony3 for the applcation and my screen name is Felony.

Add Members with x-fire handles:

twlhit

twldrif

twlouch

peascarrots

howlinmadmurloc

twljimmy
Felony
< TWL > Hall of Fame
< TWL > Hall of Fame

How to accept the invitation I sent them?

Post by Felony »

* How to accept the invitation I sent them?

Your must first have a valid registered email attached to their Xfire username.

* Verify email address?

Xfire is now requiring a valid email address for certain features of the website.
FYI, Hotmail account did not work or me so I used my provider just fine. But this explained why lol.
If you need to validate your email address, first add noreply@xfire.com to your email safe list then follow these steps:

Login to Xfire.com.
Click Profile.
Click Edit Profile.
In the 'Real Email' field, be sure your email address is correct.
Click Verify your email address.
Click the Verify button.
At this point an email is sent to your registered email address. Login to that email account and simply click the link in the email you received from Xfire. For security purposes, this must be done from the same browser and IP address you clicked the Verify link from.

If at any time you change your registered email address you will need to verify it again.

If their email is working and valid they will receive a notification that they have been invited to the Clan or Guild you created on Xfire. They simply click the the link in the email which should take them to http://www.xfire.com/clans/thewarlegends/

Under 'Your Clans & Guilds' they will see their pending invitations and can choose to accept or reject them.

Currently, Xfire supports two voice chat programs, Teamspeak and Ventrilo.

Teamspeak and Ventrilo have “one click join” support through Xfire. So if you have a Friend already in a Teamspeak or Ventrilo chat server, right click their name and select Join Teamspeak (or Join Ventrilo). You can also get this menu by going to Tools | Friends | Join Teamspeak or the Actions menu in a chat window.

If the Join option is greyed out, there is no IP address showing. Make sure you or your Friend talks for about 10-20 seconds in order for Xfire to see the network traffic to the TS/Vent server. Also check the Xfire Tools | Options | Privacy menu and make sure you have "Show my voice chat server to my friends" checked.