Internet problems.

Tech Talk: Discuss gaming or computer issues here! We will provide answers to general setup questions, configuration problems and support for determining common problems mostly related to bugs.

Moderators: Paul.nz, ViPER, Hottieshottie

Paul.nz
General
General

Internet problems.

Post by Paul.nz »

At the moment i am having internet problems.I keep timing out in teamspeak and in the game servers but my pings are staying normal.My isp is looking into the problem but untill then i dont think i will be able to play much if at all.I will return as soon as my connection is sorted.
Jimmy
< TWL > Hall of Fame
< TWL > Hall of Fame

Post by Jimmy »

Yes, I seen you were on both servers at the same time. Maybe try one at a time lol :tongue:

Hurry back Paul, now that your not in the game, Drifter, Ouch and Vip are picking on me :whyme:
<center>Image

Evil Prospers When Good Men Do Nothing<center>
Paul.nz
General
General

still no good

Post by Paul.nz »

As you would have seen i join teamspeak and the servers but i time out all the time.My isp knows about it but havn't or wont fix it.I am having no communication with them but they are the best in new zealand so i really dont have a choice but to wait.I have no problem with latency or clipping its totally a timeout connection in their exchange but since it just effects games (WHATS THE PROBLEM).....Many emails and phone calls later all i get is send us more trace routes and we will see what we can do.How is this for crappy service.Anyway i will return hopefully by the end of the year or early 2009.
ViPER
Supreme Commander
Supreme Commander

Post by ViPER »

good luck with this - you sure its your service? said you just got a new PC - what happens when you drag out the old pc and hook it back up?
Paul.nz
General
General

Yes it is the isp

Post by Paul.nz »

Yes viper it is totally the isp.I have tried 3 pcs,formatted one (2 now including the new one),changed routers,installed a modem,reinstalled the game and teamspeak many times.It is not high latency because i am checking with winmtr etc..I finally got this today

"Hello Paul

Thank you for your email regarding the speed / latency issues you have been having.

We along with other ISPs are currently experiencing international bandwidth issues at the moment; this issue appears to be most prominent between the hours of 6pm to 12am due to the load that is placed on one of the main internet trunks connecting New Zealand to the rest of the world.

Our technicians are working with our supplier to repair the degraded international link; Your patience in this matter is very much appreciated.

I hope this information was helpful and if you have any other queries please do not hesitate to email me back or call me on the number below.
Kindest regards,

Olly Carlier"

Well all i can do now is wait...While typing this my teamspeak just timed out and shut down.....geez.
ViPER
Supreme Commander
Supreme Commander

Post by ViPER »

Oh man. Paul, stranded on an Island you are M8. :70: :70: :70:
Jimmy
< TWL > Hall of Fame
< TWL > Hall of Fame

Post by Jimmy »

Paul, it sounds like to me they have no competion so they don't care and are not updating to the latest tech. :thumbdown: My advice is just keep bugging them to death until they do something to fix it.
<center>Image

Paul.nz
General
General

You are right jimmy

Post by Paul.nz »

Yes jimmy you are right with our intermet.The whole country is run off of one telephone company and they are from another country (america i think) and they are holding us back big time.But saying that when my internet is working it is not bad at all and i am happy with it.
On the weekend i got online early in the morning and could play which was good because i got to shoot people i dont normally get to play against.Hopefully by the weekend it will be sorted but only time will tell.But i can assure you my isp better not send me a bill for the normal amount....they will get both barrels blasting down the phone line.
Paul.nz
General
General

Busy at the moment.

Post by Paul.nz »

Well while i had rubbish internet i put my new pc together.It runs well but sometimes it gave me the blue screen of death.A lot of searching come up with the asus motherboard cd had a faulty chipset driver which caused a lot of probs and the only way to fix it was to reformat and install generic invidea drivers.This sounds easy but i run raid on 2 harddrives and the data on the third.
While reinstalling windows on the raid drives i lost the data drive and it says its not formatted etc but the data is still on there.I am recovering the data now but it takes awhile so i think i will be out of action till possibly the weekend.I have come to a conclusion.......stick with ide...
Sata and raid is to troublesome and if things go wrong its a pain to fix and recover.Maybe vista is more sata friendly..
WARNING TO ALL.....If you buy a brand new motherboard dont assume the drivers on it are good.Search the forumns before you build it because once the new drivers are in you cant get rid of them no matter what you do,and reformatting is a pain in the butt.
Jimmy
< TWL > Hall of Fame
< TWL > Hall of Fame

Post by Jimmy »

Paul, I am a little confused, are you talking about the MOBO Bios? or Nvidia drivers?

OK, the way I see it is you need to take your HD's out and download them onto a single portable HD. It appears the system is not reading your HD's. Then reload the Bios which would be the latest for the MOBO Then download the XP and then the latest drivers for your video card but make sure it is for your version of windows. Whether it be xp 32 or 64 as this will give you the blue screen I found this out the hard way and thought it was the right drivers but O'well. Your computer will start up w/ the XP drivers for the video card but you do want the latest.

Then again you may want to reinstall XP if there is a problem w/ the operating system not reading or recognizing the software/hardware. Then get the updates then you can reinstall you HD's, partition them accordingly as you wish and you should be good to go. I have the ASUS MOBO running XP Pro and (2) HD's on the raid through the on board MOBO and no issues. So Vista I don't think is the issue.
<center>Image

Paul.nz
General
General

update on internet

Post by Paul.nz »

My internet seams to be more stable now but the pings have jumped 30 to 40 ms to all american servers.My isp is looking into it but it looks like it will be the connection from new zealand to the usa but it seams stable most of the time.It does jump to about 290 to 350 and seizes when running at times but it is still playable.Due to this high ping issue each of my kills will automatically be trippled..So 10 kills in the game actually means i have killed 30 people (or 10 people 3 times each).I am sure we will all agree this is a fair scoring system.. :thumbup1: :guns: :thumbup1:
Jimmy
< TWL > Hall of Fame
< TWL > Hall of Fame

Post by Jimmy »

Ya right, you will know your ping when I smack along side the head w/ the butt of my rifle :lol:
<center>Image

Peas
General
General

Post by Peas »

Oh come on I won't kick your A$$ so much . Just login.... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Peas
TWL Peas