vista issues help?

Tech Talk: Discuss gaming or computer issues here! We will provide answers to general setup questions, configuration problems and support for determining common problems mostly related to bugs.

Moderators: Paul.nz, ViPER, Hottieshottie

Theripppa

vista issues help?

Post by Theripppa »

Ok, I tried to play spearhead on another computer with vista 32-bit. As a few of you know on TS tonight, i tried everything from play from the no cd exe, to playing with the disk, to disabling virus protection, tried other servers, tried single player..and same result. Screen went blue and it reboot computer. recovering from serious error it says after reboot. So anyone have any suggestion?..I dont want to have to do anything to the comp, since it isnt mine...oh well, if not...ill shoot ya from mine:-)

heres the ps specs:gateway gt5414e
2g mem
32-bit
amd 64x2 dual core 4600 2.40 ghz
geforce6150se
Paul.nz
General
General

a few things to try

Post by Paul.nz »

You could try to run in xp mode etc.Find the moh folder and the moh spearhead folder and find the spearhead.exe file and right click on it,press propertys then compatiblity and put a tick in (run this program in..) and press xp.I have never used vista but a few people use it and moh runs on it ok so i dont think this will do anything.
Updating the video drivers also fixes a lot of problems and/or reinstalling the game and patches.
You can check the windows error log...press start,press programs,press accesories,press system tools,press system information,press software enviroment,press windows error reporting.Look to see what keeps crashing.
Theripppa

Post by Theripppa »

Hey Paul, i already had it set to XP compatability..and i looked up the windows error reporting and it says not available, one did say faulty config with spearhead...i give on this pc. Thought might be an easy fix, but doesnt look like it. But thanks for the help