Game won't start

Tech Talk: Discuss gaming or computer issues here! We will provide answers to general setup questions, configuration problems and support for determining common problems mostly related to bugs.

Moderators: Paul.nz, ViPER, Hottieshottie

Anonymous

Game won't start

Post by Anonymous »

My Dad had the the hard drive dumped on our computer. So I reinstalled my MOH games and when i tried to launch them i came up with a box that said " Driver componet sizes mis-match ". I tried reinstalling the games but it didn't seem to help please help me the game use to work and now it doesnt. I CAN'T LIVE WITHOUT MY MOH. Thx

Beardydragon
Last edited by Anonymous on Mon Dec 11, 2006 5:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ViPER
Supreme Commander
Supreme Commander

Post by ViPER »

not sure - try updating your drivers.

Also - did you remove MOH before reinstalling?

You might want to post on TMT or .map - larger groups and someone there may have run into this before.
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

alright i got 1 recomendation and that was to uninstall my graphics driver and install a newer version. How do i go about doing this.
Felony

Post by Felony »

Windows XP:
1.Click "START">"Control Panel">"Add Remove Programs"Image
Depending on which video card you have installed, look for the display driver and uninstall. ATI shown in example screen 1.

2. Go to "Device Manager". Hold windows key + pause/break key. This will display the "Systems Properties" screen.Image

3. Click "Hardware">"Device Manager".ImageExpand "Display Adapters" by double clicking the name. Right click on the display adapters name "Uninstall". If a "Secondary Adapter" is present, cancel reboot after uninstall of "Primary". Uninstsall "Secondary Adapter">reboot.

On reboot Windows will find necessary drivers to reinstall video card. Use "Windows Update" to locate drivers if none found on reboot. Using windows will give you an updated "Windows Certified" driver. If no working internet connection, use the manufacturer disc supplied with the video card.

Hope all goes well for you. Good luck! :peace:
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

ok i reinstalled a newer driver version but there is a new problem. I can not remove my MOH. I have tried uninstalling it, i have tried deleting it and i went to "remove programs" in "control panel and it will not remove it. most of it is gone but 3.11 MB is left and wont go away. I have tried all of these things numerous times so they do not work. I even did a search to find the files but nothing turns up. And then i try to reinstall it but it says its still installed. Plz help me.

Beardydragon
Felony

Post by Felony »

Install your MOHAA disc, a windows will appear with selections;

Play
A few more things
Uninstall
Exit

Click "Uninstall".

:woot: Uninstall successful!!!