Winamp

Off-Topic: Away from the game. Want to chit chat about anything, do it here ...

Moderators: Paul.nz, Silo, GASOLINE^*^IGNITED, Hottieshottie

Paul.nz
General
General

Winamp

Post by Paul.nz »

I like my music and always have music going when i am not playing games.I use a program called winamp to play my music.I decided to search for plugins for winamp and found one i like.This plugin makes my music sound awsome.When winamp starts audioburst fx also starts but its no problem but it sounds very clear.

Here is the speal about it
http://www.winamp.com/plugins/details/221711

download it here if you are interested.
http://www.winamp.com/plugins/download/221711
Ouch
General
General

Post by Ouch »

winamp.. thats sooooo windows 98....kiwi's need some new programs :lol:
thru the mud and the blood.. to the green fields beyound
Über§oldier
General
General

Post by Über§oldier »

<center>VLC (All Platforms)
VLC is the cross-platform Swiss Army knife of media players. It's lightweight, open source, and can play virtually any file—audio or video—that you throw at it. If you're really into VLC, you can even use it rip DVDs, fix out-of-sync audio and video, and play your ripped DVDs. VLC has no media library tools, but you can create and save playlists. Either way, the slim, no-nonsense player has found a home on countless Windows, Mac, and Linux installs. I use this media player religiously. From downloaded movies to music, I use this for all of my media uses.

And if your really into geeky stuff, this media player will allow you to stream to your home network so others computers can view movies.
<center>Image</center>
<center>Image
“The object of war is not to die for your country but to make the other bastard die for his.”
General George S. Patton (American General in World War I and II, 1885-1945)
</center>
Paul.nz
General
General

I have that

Post by Paul.nz »

Uber i have about 20 media players on this pc.VLC is ok for opening files which are not fully downloaded but you are right it is basic.I dont want it to watch dvds etc i have a dvd viewer for that.I dont want it to play avis or mpegs...i have a player for that.Winamp is good because it is easy to use and you can easily import songs and playlists and most of all the misses uses it and teaching her a new one will take forever and eat into game time..
I would never have one program to do many jobs ok.
I would rather have many programs to do each job better.
Private_Lapdance
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by Private_Lapdance »

Personally I prefer Mediamonkey, its not free but its very nice. I guess Winamp is my second choice but the interface is a little dated.
The Warlord of consistent skill never leaves traces of where he has been. He is indistinguishable among the many. His plans are well thought out, but are unfathomable to the Enemy. He appears where he is not, disappears into the void without a trace and prepares for his next attack. - Sun Tzu, Book 6-The Art of War

On the battlefield there is no substitute for overwhelming firepower and a decent cup of tea. -Private Lapdance
Über§oldier
General
General

Post by Über§oldier »

<center>
Paul.nz wrote:I would rather have many programs to do each job better.
I personally use 1 (one) Media Player, 2 at the most. Windows Media Player with DivX codec and VLC. The "other" Media Players out there currently have to many security holes in them. I follow the same rules that Uncle Sam has tought me (and pays very well for it) to keep this kind of crap off his computers and networks, I use these same practices at home. I am one that likes to protect my privacy and my credit. I guess I'm just funny that way.

If I was to choose another one, Songbird Media Player would be my next choice. It is still new and has the same basic functionality's of WinAmp but with out the security flaws...so far. :tongue:
<center>Image</center>
<center>Image
“The object of war is not to die for your country but to make the other bastard die for his.”
</center>
Paul.nz
General
General

uber i was the same

Post by Paul.nz »

Uber i was the same as you,i was worried about security.My problem is viruses.When i download programs (lots),i manage to get quite a few but i can also get rid of them so i have never lost anything to do with a virus.Whenever you log into spearhead you are open for a attack,whenever you watch youtube you are open so if you were to be safe the only thing to do is unplug the pc from the net.
My point was trying to get the girlfriend to use another player will be a nightmare and really not worth me trying.
Sometimes us males just need to know when to shut up and stop the jaws from moving.We need to always think about the consequences when we open our mouthes and sometimes they are too harsh so we should just shutup and get a beer (speaking from a non drinker). :biggrin:
Über§oldier
General
General

Post by Über§oldier »

<center>
Paul.nz wrote:Sometimes us males just need to know when to shut up and stop the jaws from moving.We need to always think about the consequences when we open our mouthes and sometimes they are too harsh so we should just shutup and get a beer (speaking from a non drinker).
:why: :why: :finger:

Why are you thinking that I am attacking you!! I didn't mention anything negative at all. :hand: All of the men are far to sensitive these days! If your going to bitch at someone it should be Ouch, sorry Ouch!
Ouch wrote:winamp.. thats sooooo windows 98....kiwi's need some new programs

Here is a present for you Paul:
<center>Image</center>
<center>Image
</center>