Bad language

Off-Topic: Away from the game. Want to chit chat about anything, do it here ...

Moderators: Paul.nz, Silo, GASOLINE^*^IGNITED, Hottieshottie

Tartan

Bad language

Post by Tartan »

Over the last Month or Two i have jump in to TS and the Bad language thats going on in Team Speak not good at all when you have kids around / Lot of this going on Day time for me in NZ :sad:

I think we need To Read the (TWL CODE OF HONOR)
Members of <TWL> Clan shall NOT:
ViPER
Supreme Commander
Supreme Commander

Post by ViPER »

"<TWL> Shall Not" - these apply to the game server and we do not have any solid rules regarding kids and teamspeak. However I expect that members will use discretion when children are joining on the public teamspeak channel. There are also the passworded channels that may be utilized by adults that can not manage discretion.
Tartan

Post by Tartan »

ViPER wrote:"<TWL> Shall Not" - these apply to the game server and we do not have any solid rules regarding kids and teamspeak. However I expect that members will use discretion when children are joining on the public teamspeak channel. There are also the passworded channels that may be utilized by adults that can not manage discretion.

Viper my Kids did not jump on to Teamspeak but they in the same room as the PC so they can hear whats going and i dont like hearing as well .. but in saying that its not right
Paul.nz
General
General

I noticed it also.

Post by Paul.nz »

I have also noticed it but most of the time it is by mistake etc.I also dont like swearing but i have to admit i slip up at times also.The last few nights my mates son has been coming into teamspeak.He speaks politely etc and i would hate for him to hear it because i think he is only 13.
We really dont want to seperate people like that because me and tartan will be in a room full of kids and not with the oldies.If people get to bad i think we should simply suggest holding back and i am sure they will.
ViPER
Supreme Commander
Supreme Commander

Post by ViPER »

I Understand the issue - If young listeners are within earshot (and not on TS) Members have no way to know to use discretion. to protect your young ones - You should really be using headphones.

:twl:
Tartan

Post by Tartan »

ViPER wrote:I Understand the issue - If young listeners are within earshot (and not on TS) Members have no way to know to use discretion. to protect your young ones - You should really be using headphones.

:twl:
Yes Viper its not easy as that haveing headphones on.... you need to have one ear open to hear whats going on IE kids up to no good ect ect

I think Members need to Know there could be kids around

End of the day its dont sound good .. but we all do know bad language
Über§oldier
General
General

Flushing The Toilet On TeamSpeak

Post by Über§oldier »

<center>Being one of the "Potty Mouths" on TeamSpeak, I for one have to retain a certain proffesional attitude all day long at work. I come on the servers and TeamSpeak to have fun a let loose and relieve the constrictions of a working lifestyle. This cutting loose, has been going on for years now, 5 years to be exact. It's not like this cutting loose has just started happening. I might be wrong, but I think it is fun coming on TeamSpeak and having the verbal abuse with friends. But yes, you are right Tartan.

This was an issue before and we, as a clan have gotten complacent. We all are just use to logging on and staying in the "Public Room" of TS. However, for individuals to be on TS but be muted the whole time is NOT using TS and in my opinion if your not going to use TS to it's full services...don't use it. We have Server 1 & 2 Channels in TS maybe these should have passwords as well and the "Potty Mouths" should join these channels. That way they are clearly defined as the "Adult Channels" of TWL on TS and to join these channels should be considered at your own risk.
<center>Image</center>
<center>Image
“The object of war is not to die for your country but to make the other bastard die for his.”
General George S. Patton (American General in World War I and II, 1885-1945)
</center>
Ouch
General
General

Post by Ouch »

and again it begins.. :shakeshead: i myself am very bad with the language,i;m sorry for bothering anyone with my faul pottie mouth, but i must say this clan and the regulars have made it possible for me to continue on with the day to day dealings of life..if i must control what i say while i am "trying" to enjoy what I think of as my "drink to relax" then i guess i;ll just stay off teamspeak and curse at the monitor...sorry for the issue as i kno i am one of the members that does swear and insult. just so ya kno.. I am being nice..if we turn into some morman type clan.. i am out of here. :twl:
thru the mud and the blood.. to the green fields beyound
Tartan

Post by Tartan »

OK cam sum one PM me the Passwords for TS
Über§oldier
General
General

Post by Über§oldier »

Tartan wrote:OK cam sum one PM me the Passwords for TS
Again...the passworded channels in TS will be the Adult channels. The public channel will not have a PW to allow for a "Cleaner" speaking channel.
ViPER wrote:There are also the passworded channels that may be utilized by adults that can not manage discretion.
<center>Image</center>
<center>Image
“The object of war is not to die for your country but to make the other bastard die for his.”
</center>
Theripppa

Post by Theripppa »

Good points by everyone, and i agree with Uber. I am a potty mouth on TS and dont mean any disrespect to others who are offended. To me its all part of the fun playing the game, getting to enjoy a few laughs, name calling etc with other members. Ill see the rest of you foul mouths in channel 1...lol
Paul.nz
General
General

Lets not overreact here

Post by Paul.nz »

Lets not overreact here.I personally have never been offended by any twl member or heard anything that really shouldn't be in the teamspeak main channel.
I think tartan may be refering to non clan members which only have older players and language is allowed in the teamspeak.If kids are around simply ask the person to hold back from bad language.I have lost count how often jimmy has called me a c***knocker but it is a saying he says and its not offensive (in fact i like it when he says it because i know i have just killed him).
This thread is good to remind people but proberly the people involved wont come in here so a simply "please refrain from bad language" in the game will go a far way.
Tartan

Re: Lets not overreact here

Post by Tartan »

Paul.nz wrote:Lets not overreact here.I personally have never been offended by any twl member or heard anything that really shouldn't be in the teamspeak main channel.
I think tartan may be refering to non clan members which only have older players and language is allowed in the teamspeak.If kids are around simply ask the person to hold back from bad language.I have lost count how often jimmy has called me a c***knocker but it is a saying he says and its not offensive (in fact i like it when he says it because i know i have just killed him).
This thread is good to remind people but proberly the people involved wont come in here so a simply "please refrain from bad language" in the game will go a far way.

Yes Paul but its just not Non Clan its New /Old members/Non .. not going into who they are.. lets all have fun any how and Kill :guns: Paul :cheers:
Peas
General
General

Post by Peas »

HUH???
TWL Peas
Über§oldier
General
General

Re: Lets not overreact here

Post by Über§oldier »

Tartan wrote:
Paul.nz wrote:Lets not overreact here.I personally have never been offended by any twl member or heard anything that really shouldn't be in the teamspeak main channel.

Yes Paul but its just not Non Clan its New /Old members/Non .. not going into who they are.. lets all have fun any how and Kill :guns: Paul :cheers:
<center> :omg: Again, No One is Over Reacting. There was an official complaint, complaint was resolved. END OF STORY!

Public TS Channel = No Fowl Language Room
TWL Server 1 = PW Protected Adult Channel
TWL Server 1 = PW Protected Adult Channel

If you don't want ot hear the language, don't join the PW Protected Adult Channel.

:dramatic: There is starting to be to much drama in this clan. :dramatic:

Über "Potty Mouth" §oldier</center>
<center>Image</center>
<center>Image
</center>