Pc power issue

Tech Talk: Discuss gaming or computer issues here! We will provide answers to general setup questions, configuration problems and support for determining common problems mostly related to bugs.

Moderators: Paul.nz, ViPER, Hottieshottie

Theripppa

Pc power issue

Post by Theripppa »

hey guys, i got a question about my gf's comp, i believe its a gateway gt5414e. Its not been powering up correctly..sometimes taking 15 to 20 times hitting power button before it comes on. Im wondering if its the power supply...gateway told her to send it to them for $80 and go from there. Any ideas, power supply or connection to motherboard?...
Paul.nz
General
General

battery

Post by Paul.nz »

Firstly look at the battery and replace if it is the voltage is down.It is on the motherboard and very flat.
Theripppa

Post by Theripppa »

actually i think i have one here, i bought for her other comp, i didnt even think about that...ill give it a try, thanks Paul
Theripppa

Post by Theripppa »

ok, didnt think to ask , but how can you test the voltage of the battery?..lol....
Paul.nz
General
General

voltmeter

Post by Paul.nz »

The only way to test the battery is to use a voltmeter.If you dont have one dont buy one.Just buy a new battery of even remove one from your pc to try.
Theripppa

Post by Theripppa »

ok, i thought you might say a volt meter..got one at my house, not here...didnt know if there was another way with this penny looking batteries...thanks again Paul
Theripppa

Post by Theripppa »

I replaced the battery and same problem. When push the power button, the fans starts, the lights flash on the dvd drives...but not complete power up. Have to unplug pc and replug it in then hit power button, over and over for it to finally power up.