Granades.

Discussion forum for TWL Servers, Maps and Mods: Look here for all the latest on new maps and mods. Got a MOD request? All support, discussion and development.

Moderator: ViPER

Paul.nz
General
General

Granades.

Post by Paul.nz »

Most of you will know i am not a huge fan of granades.In the war people simply would not run around with a granade in their hands and definatly wouldn't throw it while running expecially at a small window.They would die or kill their mates if they miss.
I was discussing this with mr bluetard and he come up with a new approach to granades.
Make it like the rocket where you have to be stopped to select and throw a granade.This would be true in real life and stop the people running with granades and dying and dropping them and blowing up the enermy.
More than likely people throwing granades would hide behind something and when it was clear,jump up and throw into the window.
This would also slow down the run and throw into the hold because they would get killed standing outside the door for a few seconds.If they dont and the granade goes in thats a good kill.

I dont know if this is possible to modify but what do people think???.
Ouch
General
General

Post by Ouch »

It's not just the nades that are an irritant paul, it's the way the games are played in our server now..objective maps are not played the way "we" used to..it's all about the number of kills with alot of people now,not the match/game..there is the option of turning the nades off and as an admin you could easily do just that.spawn killing has increased a lot, thats just gaming etiquette or lack there of..nothing turns me off from gaming faster then having a great match being ruined by people joining a game in progress and immediately grabbing a weapon of a high rate of fire (if possible)and camping in a spawn.. :shakeshead:
thru the mud and the blood.. to the green fields beyound
Fro

Post by Fro »

Not being able to run with a grenade is like telling a pro football quarterback that he must stand still to throw the ball. That is actually one of my best tricks in MOHAA. I like to run by a window where someone is camping out and nade them. Also being that our server only allows 1 nade is just fine with me. You only get 1 chance per life to use it and I dont think that is too much. But as Ouch said there is a true lack of etiquette these days. I'm just trying to deal with a new PC that is a total POS and crashes after 10 minutes of MOHAA and runs at 25FPS.
Paul.nz
General
General

I know

Post by Paul.nz »

I know granades can be turned off but i dont like doing that and i wont because granades do have a place in the game and are effective at clearing the holds when you cant get in.
All i am suggesting is the way they are used.Lately granades have become the main weapon and the rifle/machine gun etc has become the secondary weapon.
I was talking to viper last night in the game and it looks like nothing can be done so it looks like a idea which cant continue anyway.
How about running at 1/2 or 3/4 speed when holding granades?

I start back to work tomorrow so i wont be able to play at the times i have been and this is not a problem when i am normally online at my night time (i also have renewed my killing in battlezone2).

Ps:i have noticed a lot of teamkilling and people changing teams a lot also.
ViPER
Supreme Commander
Supreme Commander

Post by ViPER »

Well everyone has there own style or "pwn" style lol. so I doubt there are really any good solutions to the belly aching about this or that. the bottom line is have fun. i like nades because they are fun. they have downsides and I think you'll notice that those who use nades with skill will eliminate campers, turn the hold ownership, show positive kill ratings, etc... those who do not will show lack of skills, team kills, self kills, etc....

The default nade is 1 instead of 6. that was the original solition. in addition i changed the underhand drop timing so to make it difficult to drop kill in front of someone. beyond admins simply turning nades off or setting the server to rifles etc.... the other option I see is a reward system. getting a nade after a 3 kill spree for example.

anyways, as far as pet peeves go. I like to run and gun with a bolt.... So I'm trying to think of a way to mod the anti-hide, anti-creep, anti-runaway mod. Paul will just die unless he runs out into the open and runs around in circles like me. :tongue: