How to get Medal of Honor:Allied Assault in 16:10 widescreen

Tech Talk: Discuss gaming or computer issues here! We will provide answers to general setup questions, configuration problems and support for determining common problems mostly related to bugs.

Moderators: Paul.nz, ViPER, Hottieshottie

Sgt Rock

How to get Medal of Honor:Allied Assault in 16:10 widescreen

Post by Sgt Rock »

A few days ago I was looking online for a tweake to change FOV “Field Of View” in MOH. Well I stumbled across something better .. A tweake, to actually change MOH’s native resolution to a wide screen resolution.

“This is not playing MOH at 1280x1024 in full wide screen where everything is short and fat lol” This using actual wide screen resolution "

All you need to do is edit your “unnamedsoldier.cfg” C:\install folder\Ea Games\MOHAA\Mainta\Configs” Just a directory example .. It’s in Mainta\Configs.. or edit all 3 Main .. Mainta.. Maintt
Open the cfg file in Wordpad Or you favorite text editor ,
Go to the bottom of the CFG file
Add a few space lines “Don’t think it matters if you prefer not to waste paper and not add them ;)”
At the bottom paste this

seta r_customwidth "1680" //set this variable to whatever you want the resolution to be.
seta r_customheight "1050" //set this variable to whatever you want the resolution to be.
seta r_mode "-1"
seta ui_console "1"
seta developer "1"

The next time you open your config your pasted information will be within the original body of text. If you wish to make additional changes, paste again. If you wish to reset your entire game configuration, simply delete the .cfg file and restart MOH:AA and all the settings will be at the default state.

Save the .cfg file

Launch Medal of Honor: Allied Assault in 16:10 Widescreen Format !!

It works a hot dam .. Now you may have to play a bit with your Video card aspect ratio setting ..
But for most part .. it’s pretty straight forward .. Not sure you’ll get much more of a resolution above 1600x1200 but give it a try ..
Knuckledragger

Thanks

Post by Knuckledragger »

I tried this and,
it worked for MOHAA
it worked for Breakthrough
but I can't get it to work for Spearhead. I even went so far as to delete unnamedsoldier.cfg from my Mainta\Configs folder, then started the game. Spearhead kept all the settings from unnamedsoldier even though the file was gone. There's only one other cfg file in there, and it's not using that one. Very confused.
But I played in TWL using Breakthrough instead, and it looked great. Thanks Rock!
Sgt Rock

Post by Sgt Rock »

Hey Knuckle's Did you make a backup of your unnamedsoldier.cfg ?? perhaps thats the issue .. OR could be an error between the keyboard and chair ?? :lol:

:twl:
Knuckledragger

Post by Knuckledragger »

Sgt Rock wrote:OR could be an error between the keyboard and chair ?? :lol:

:twl:
Also known as PEBKAC.

No, I didn't try it. I'll try it tonight.
Paul.nz
General
General

works for me.

Post by Paul.nz »

Its 1.30 in the morning and i was bored so i gave it a try.It works fine for me on xp.I also done it to my backup config file so i can change between 1024 and 768 to this widescreen.i havn't played with it yet so i am not sure what is like yet.Good find rock.If anyone has trouble doing this i am sure rock and myself can help out.
Ps:i have made a backup cfg file so if anything happens to my key binds i can easily fix it without leaving the game...instructions are in teamspeak.