Server

Off-Topic: Away from the game. Want to chit chat about anything, do it here ...

Moderators: Paul.nz, Silo, GASOLINE^*^IGNITED, Hottieshottie

What should I do?

Free For All
No votes
TDM
50%
OBJ Freeze Tag
50%
Other [Feedback in Thread]
No votes

Total votes: 2

PolisH

Server

Post by PolisH »

On top of Looking at Ordering a DMW subscription I was also thinking about getting a server. I hoping the admin will consider letting me put the TWL tags on it.

Whether they do or not here is what I know for sure

IT WILL BE RIFLES ONLY

Smoke Nades/Nades/Pistols and the damage they casue has yet to be figured out.

I hoping for a little input from you guys,

Also I'm polling Gametype.. Feedback Please
ViPER
Supreme Commander
Supreme Commander

Post by ViPER »

we've tried all those before and all those gametypes are fairley competitive still in SH and as TWL servers usually remain empty for months. If you got money to spare I recomend you donate to the servers we have so we dont loose them. :cheers:
Paul.nz
General
General

Two

Post by Paul.nz »

I agree two servers is plenty.We had a freezetag server for awhile but that wasn't used.I am trying to get people to use server one more and i agree with viper that donating the server will be a better option.
PolisH

Post by PolisH »

I am shocked that the Freeze tag didnt work out for you.

Viper you said "I recomend you donate to the servers we have so we dont loose them." Is there a lack of donations within TWL to provide for the current servers? :twl:
Maj. Malfunction

Server Donation:

Post by Maj. Malfunction »

Not to hi-jack the thread. I just donated since that topic seemed to come up in this discussion. Is there a way to show it's from me other than my real (non-TWL name)? I did not see a place where I could make a note on the transaction. Any way...Viper I threw some money at ya for the server via PP.[/b]
Sgt Rock

Post by Sgt Rock »

Well what about Server 1 .. It's dead .. No one plays on it .. cause of the beer and truck games .. How about let Polish at that one .. let him donate .. or what ever .. backup server 1 .. and see if he can ..OR someone .. anyone.. can bring life back to server 1 .. New maps .. Pure server .. what ever .. Something with server 1 ...

Just an Idea .. But seems a shame to let Srv1 sit empty ...

Rock - Out
:twl:
ViPER
Supreme Commander
Supreme Commander

Re: Server Donation:

Post by ViPER »

Maj. Malfunction wrote:Not to hi-jack the thread. I just donated since that topic seemed to come up in this discussion. Is there a way to show it's from me other than my real (non-TWL name)? I did not see a place where I could make a note on the transaction. Any way...Viper I threw some money at ya for the server via PP.[/b]
Yea Malfunction thanks for the donation to our servers. pm me your email so I know. :twl:
ViPER
Supreme Commander
Supreme Commander

Post by ViPER »

Sgt Rock wrote:Well what about Server 1 .. It's dead .. No one plays on it .. cause of the beer and truck games .. How about let Polish at that one .. let him donate .. or what ever .. backup server 1 .. and see if he can ..OR someone .. anyone.. can bring life back to server 1 .. New maps .. Pure server .. what ever .. Something with server 1 ...

Just an Idea .. But seems a shame to let Srv1 sit empty ...

Rock - Out
Hey Rock,

Server One simply has run its coarse. TWL for almost ten years has had 2 or more servers and rarely filled more than 1 server at a time. Games like hold beer and truck are really the reason thousands of people have come to TWL in past years and downloaded our custom maps. about 2 years ago I focused my energy on building up the OBJ server at a time when The hold server with beer and truck and customs was the sole attraction at TWL. This is the reason the hold server has taken a back seat to our now popular OBJ server. :twl:
Sgt Rock

Post by Sgt Rock »

Ok .. so Srv 1 has run it's course .. Now what for Srv 1 ? Can we not do something new with it ? Sry if i'm over stepping myself here .. It's what I do

Rock - Out
PolisH

Post by PolisH »

Well.....

If server one is that dead why don't we just take the Money from Server 1 and add more Slots to Server 2. I have seen Server 2 Full many times.

Having more slots would really allow us to use some of those bigger maps that get skipped all the time. There is not to many "Busy" Servers out there that have more then 18 Slots.

I know what some people are thinking too. More people, More wait time between Rounds. This is True, But if we slice off some time on the OBJ Clock it will push people to complete the OBJ a little faster, thus making the Rounds seem just a quick as they are now. I have played in a few Servers in the Past with 32ish Slots Rifles Only. IT IS FUN

I recall that there was a way to set certian map rotations depending on the amount of clients connected to the server

1-10 Small Maps [OBJ Clock Time Normal]

11- 18 Medium Maps [OBJ Clock Time -15%]

18+ Large Maps [OBJ Clock Time -20-25%]

Another thing I remember that we had was a Player Ranks. The program would track your Kill/Deaths and give you a rank within the server. You were able to to view the Top Ranks and the Ranks of those in the Server while playing. Using this kept traffic in the server busy as it gave people something to build up towards.

But Again.. I'm New here and I'm not trying to talk down what we have now. I think TWL is Great Fun and Great People. And just like Rock said. I'm not trying to step on anyones toes or cut anyones grass. I'm just trying to lend a hand where I can with Ideas and Opinions

If we do go down that route of changing up things a bit. I'm More then Happy to help out with that in anyway I can. I know alot has changed since I played last but you can teach an old dogg new tricks...its a fact
†Aeron†

Post by †Aeron† »

Well I agree we prolly dont need
another server but loosing one
would prolly be worse imo. The
hold server is awsome imo from
the knifes to the skins to just the
hold has always been alot of fun.
The hold changes so the maps
are always diffrent then viper put
the gas things in an made it even
more fun :D

No I dont hold the hold but I always
enjoyed clearing it out lol.

But thats just my opinion I saw this
an had to respond lol :D

<center>
–««« « ¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤ » »»»–
Paul.nz
General
General

Maps

Post by Paul.nz »

i guess the problem is space in the server and mods.All the different maps and maptypes and mods in one server will be unsable and proberly crash.Viper has to keep the obj seperate and if we lose one we will be a obj clan.i personally prefer server one for the free for all maps when there is up to 5 people.Ancient and space terrains are a lot of fun but even now people dont have the map packs so they cant try them.Where else can you kill someone with a bazooka on the moon ?.
If people sit in server one people will join.At the moment 5 minutes in obj is enough for me.Take the plunge and venture over to server one.There is more there than what people think.I even think one has freeze tag.
ViPER
Supreme Commander
Supreme Commander

Post by ViPER »

We can add a few more slots on OBJ server as long as it fills up... :twl:

server 1 is my modding legacy lol. It has over a thousand mods on it that I made for all the stock, single player and over 100 custom maps including all my koh, madness and other maps I made. This server is dynamic, it is capable of on the fly weapons alterations, weapons pairing, forced selections in any combination, All gametypes including my own. I will also mention that server one gametypes are designed for small groups and focussed action so is perfect for a 10 man server IMO. Server one is the collection of my efforts leading up to the creation of server two.

Server one and TWL was my full time hobbie for over 5 or 6 years and not including playing I estimate over 15,000 hr investment during that period on modding and mapping for MOH. There is no other server anything quite like server one and Ive been holding on to it for those members that are attached to it including myself, even tho I perfer playing OBJ at the moment and invest little time to modding lately I hope you understand my continued attachment to the damn thing.
Schutzstaffel
General
General

Post by Schutzstaffel »

I love server 1 Viper. Thank you very much for all the time and effort you have put into it. :thumbup1: :twl: :Beer:
Sgt Rock

Post by Sgt Rock »

I fully understand now.. The time and dedication you have put into Srv1 .. OK .. so Srv 1 stays .. Can some one spend a bit of time and teach me how to Admin Srv1 .. I'd love to get into some of the other maps and mods on SRV1

Rock - Out