Heli crash

Off-Topic: Away from the game. Want to chit chat about anything, do it here ...

Moderators: Paul.nz, Silo, GASOLINE^*^IGNITED, Hottieshottie

Paul.nz
General
General

Heli crash

Post by Paul.nz »

This accident happened today putting up a pole to mount a xmas tree.After the crash you can hear the engine screaming in pain.
http://tvnz.co.nz/national-news/aucklan ... eo-4562662
Jimmy
< TWL > Hall of Fame
< TWL > Hall of Fame

Post by Jimmy »

Paul, I just saw your post here sorry for the late post but we did see this all over the news her in the USA. I have worked w/ Helo guys on projects before and they all have a minimum requirement of nothing w/in 50' and some of them 100' depending on the location and wind (that's 15.24 meters and 30.48 meters for you boys across the ocean) of their blades.

As the video goes......... it looked precarious to say the least but at first I thought maybe it was the angle and depth perception of the video shot that made it look like a bad scenario although he appeared to handle the lowering of his Helo very steadily until well.............. What was this dimwit (wanker) thinking? Did he think he was Superman? why didn't he at least have 50' longer lead on his line?
<center>Image

Evil Prospers When Good Men Do Nothing<center>
Paul.nz
General
General

Right

Post by Paul.nz »

Jimmy you are totally right.There was 3 videos of it and he was far to low.He is not saying anything and the company is not talking.The civil aviation authority is investigating the accident now but there was a worker directly under the heli.The heli lowered down and the worker had to pull a rope to disconnect something.It is at that exact second something happened and it went down.
The pilot was flying 3 days later and will do quite well because he will get a new helicopter.But he could have killed people on the ground.Lucky the tv cameras were there and go back to using the crain instead of the helicopter.