damn computers.

Tech Talk: Discuss gaming or computer issues here! We will provide answers to general setup questions, configuration problems and support for determining common problems mostly related to bugs.

Moderators: Paul.nz, ViPER, Hottieshottie

Paul.nz
General
General

damn computers.

Post by Paul.nz »

Well i totally eformatted and reinstalled all drivers and programs i need etc.I set up all drivers and start menus etc to where i was happy.
Then i went to do a backup with ghost and it stuffed the windows installation and nothing i tried fixed it.The boot.ini was ok and it wouldn't even get into safemode.I tried many different ways but have to start all over again.Lucky i could at least use erd commander to get the data and settings including the video drivers etc off the installation so i can reuse them.Well i guess another 3 or 4 days working on the pc for me instead of playing......Well back to my old slow damn pc....ha ha but at least the video card is still working so i can actually read the screen. :banghead:

Update:well windows is going again and drivers are in.Most settings are set and a image has been made.At the same time i added another terabyte of harddrives so i can download some more now.I set my backup to do a complete image every friday so i dont have this hassle again.Also when i did copys of my documents and settings lots of files were left out so i actually lost 4 months of emails,bookmarks etc...I might have to check the files once copied for awhile to make sure it is doing what it is supposed to.