Backup of files

Tech Talk: Discuss gaming or computer issues here! We will provide answers to general setup questions, configuration problems and support for determining common problems mostly related to bugs.

Moderators: Paul.nz, ViPER, Hottieshottie

Paul.nz
General
General

Backup of files

Post by Paul.nz »

I download movies and music from the internet (as trial only) so i am always backing up the folders.I have been playing with a backup program called handy backup and it seams to work quite well.If i downloaded a movie right now i would normally copy it into my computer harddrive and then to my backup harddrive.Handy backup compares two folders on different harddrives and if i add a movie to one folder, at backup time it sees the new movie and automatically copys it over to my backup harddrive.
When setting the program up it took a long time for the program to scan the folders and make the snapshot it needs to work.If you dont add anything to the folder the backup (actually.. Synchronizing the folders) takes about 10 seconds.If you added a movie etc to the folder it will copy it to the backup harddrive so it takes longer.I have set up my music,movies and digital camera photos with this Synchronizing program and i have it set to do it daily at 7pm roughly when i cook dinner.
I still use nortons ghost as my windows image backup which makes a complete c drive image every friday and backs up documents twice a week.
Handy backup is a backup and Synchronizing program which did exactly what i wanted it to do and very easy to setup.I tried 6 programs but decided to use this one because it is simple to set up and use and i like the Synchronizing funtion.Be patient at the beginning when it is making the image,mine took about 4 hours but now it is done i dont need to worry about it anymore....
If you have a external harddrive and want to keep the files on your computer backed up automatically i recommend taking a peek at this program,at worst it will waste 10 minutes of your day..
http://www.handybackup.net/