Bass speakers for watching movies.

Off-Topic: Away from the game. Want to chit chat about anything, do it here ...

Moderators: Paul.nz, Silo, GASOLINE^*^IGNITED, Hottieshottie

Paul.nz
General
General

Bass speakers for watching movies.

Post by Paul.nz »

Some people know i love my music and watching movies.I want them to sound nice and look good with speakers all over the room.Lately i brought some bass speakers and installed them into my couch.These speakers are totally silent and all they do is shake with heavy bass.They work very well and when things blow up or loud doors slam etc it shakes the couch.They were cheap and definatly worth importing them from the usa.
They can easily be modified to mount onto a computer chair or having a few on a false floor.I have them turned off when i am listening to music but when movies are on it is time for the shakers to shake.I made a board and fittings so it fits directly behind the back part of my couch and i fitted some foam between the board and the couch back where your back is.Under heavy bass the whole board shakes and pushes the foam into your back area and because the board is mounted to the sides it shakes the armrests.
I am using my old yamaha prologic amp which is rated at 80 watts per channel.These speakers are 4 ohms so MUST be connected in series to get 8 ohms to run them on most home stereos.So you can run two off your left front channel,two off your right front channel and two off your center channel.Make sure all wiring in your couch is secure either with tape or glue.
I had one problem though when setting mine up.I used a rca plug to two rca plugs splitter adapter to go from my main amplifier to my subwoofer and the second to the amplifier to operate the shakers.My main amp chooses the settings,volumn etc for all speakers including the subwoofer and the setting was -4db..But my shakers want +8db.If i turned my main amplifier to +8db it would be far to basy and horrible.Luckly i was able to get around it because my main amplifier has two seperate subwoofer outputs and i could seperate the two.
If your amp only has one subwoofer output buying a seperate subwoofer amplifier will be a better option because they the levels can be seperated.
These are actually made to put under the seats of cars to shake the seats while you are driving..

http://www.parts-express.com/pe/showdet ... er=299-028
Resize of IMG_2742.JPG
Resize of IMG_2741.JPG
Resize of IMG_2743.JPG
FireCracker
Division Commander
Division Commander

Re: Bass speakers for watching movies.

Post by FireCracker »

Sounds pretty cool. I wonder if females would fall in love with your couch if you cranked up lots of bass? hehe All that vibration might do something. You might have to test out that theory Paul. ;)
SharpShooter

Re: Bass speakers for watching movies.

Post by SharpShooter »

:funny: :peel: :lol: