Hackers hacking websites

Tech Talk: Discuss gaming or computer issues here! We will provide answers to general setup questions, configuration problems and support for determining common problems mostly related to bugs.

Moderators: Paul.nz, ViPER, Hottieshottie

GMA
Sergeant First Class
Sergeant First Class

Hackers hacking websites

Post by GMA »

:wag: There seems to be some people out there hacking websites like ours. HellRaisers & S4l both got hacked.. I just wanted to put a warning out there, so you guys would keep a watch on ours

:twl:

GMA

The object of war is not to die for your country but to make the other bastard die for his.”
General George S. Patton (American General in World War I and II, 1885-1945)
Roachclip
Corpral
Corpral

Post by Roachclip »

Ok i saw that post and i want to clear up the confusion....

Both sites that she mentioned were on the same server, the same person hosted both. Now the HR site is being set up elsewhere. It will be safe and secure allthough under complete rebuilding so you can stop by without threats....

What happened.... The software provided by the host for the forums, SMF Forums, and the arcade, E-Arcade, were outdated versions and had security issues that were exoposed by hackers
They basically took over ther entire server and placed a redirect script in EVERY SINGLE HTML file on the server.... The site looked and acted just like they were supposed to however they were phishing sites that phish for passwords..... Most of the time the site admins use the web control panel to access their FTP, however as soon as I accessed the ftp through the website, they got the password got into it and gave the whole server a virus.

They also had full time bots regestering over and over and over to become members of the forums so that they can place ads....If you followed the ad and bought the thing they sell they then have your credit card too....

This is called phishing and they can scan your computer just by visiting the site, It is used primarily for identity theft, the stuff they use to do that with is malware.
If you change your browser to google chrome, you will not ever be exposed to these sites. The built in filters will warn you.
Here is what you will get:

Let me just say that the HR site is no longet on that server, and all of the html files have been completely wiped out of my computer.....

Youcan visit us safely...allthough I have to find out if my domain name still is going to return this error with google chrome....If it does then rest assured the problem has been fixed and you may prceed to the site....

The threat is gone, however the other sites on that server are still HIGH RISK. Get the google chrome browser and you will be warned if you go to one of these sites
IE has filters for it but they do not work as well
\
Roachclip
Corpral
Corpral

oops

Post by Roachclip »

guess im not allowed to edit my posts....spelling....ew.....sry.....and the ie filters are off by default