Lasik

Off-Topic: Away from the game. Want to chit chat about anything, do it here ...

Moderators: Paul.nz, Silo, GASOLINE^*^IGNITED, Hottieshottie

Über§oldier
General
General

Lasik

Post by Über§oldier »

<center> Well, tomorrow I go for my Lasik eye surgery. I would be liying if I said that I wasn't scared. I am going to have both eyes done at the same time. They are telling me the procedure will only take a few minutes, however, I have to be there 2-3 hours. Numbing my eyes and sedating me is somewhat pleasing. I don't want to sneeze while the laser is zapping away. It definately will have a huge benefit by not wearing these freakin' glassess any longer, especially while playing MOH.</center>

<center> :70: If anyone has had this procedure done, I could really use some comfort right about now. :70: </center>
<center>Image</center>
<center>Image
“The object of war is not to die for your country but to make the other bastard die for his.”
General George S. Patton (American General in World War I and II, 1885-1945)
</center>
Ouch
General
General

Post by Ouch »

I had a frontal lobotomy :biggrin: does that count?
thru the mud and the blood.. to the green fields beyound
ViPER
Supreme Commander
Supreme Commander

Post by ViPER »

That certainly does explain a few things :tongue:
GMA
Sergeant First Class
Sergeant First Class

Post by GMA »

My prayers are with you Viper. I had thoughts about that kind of surgery. I've had glasses since the third grade. :banghead: Good Luck! Get Well Soon :thumbup1:

:twl: & so do you

GMA MARY

The object of war is not to die for your country but to make the other bastard die for his.”
BillCollector
General
General

Post by BillCollector »

Sweet now i can finally punch uber in the face, everytime i try he says you wouldnt hit a guy with glasses would ya? :biggrin: Ha ha good luck Ubbie
I knew violence wansn't the answer, I got it wrong on purpose
Über§oldier
General
General

Post by Über§oldier »

BillCollector wrote:Sweet now i can finally punch uber in the face, everytime i try he says you wouldnt hit a guy with glasses would ya? :biggrin: Ha ha good luck Ubbie
<center> :cheers: Thanks Bill, the later it gets in the night the more I'm getting nervous! Reading your post brought a smile to my face. :finger: :lol:
Love ya bro!</center>
<center>Image</center>
<center>Image
“The object of war is not to die for your country but to make the other bastard die for his.”
</center>
Paul.nz
General
General

Sight

Post by Paul.nz »

Uber i havn't had lasik but i surely wish i could.When i was born i had a lazy eye and have had 4 eye operations trying to fix and straighten it.I am a lot older now and have to realize there is nothing that can be done.I enquired about it but nothing could be done for me.I know 2 people who have had cataracs and one lasik and all were good no problems at all.
I personally would love to wear glasses to get full vision and its funny people who wear them want to get rid of them.I guess you will be getting pupil dialating drips which makes everything very very blury so if thats the case dont expect to drive after the lasik (you proberly wont be able to drive anyway ).
Anyway good luck dude and dont worry too much.It is a proven and tested procedure and they are experts at what they do so i am sure you are in very good hands.
ViPER
Supreme Commander
Supreme Commander

Post by ViPER »

Yeah, I know a couple people that have had it. it's done a thousand times a day and its a walk in the park these days.

:thumbup1:
squeek
< TWL > Hall of Fame
< TWL > Hall of Fame

Post by squeek »

Uber,
I had the procedure done a year ago. Both eyes same time. I was in and out in an hour and by the end of the first day, clear vision. My eyes ended up better than 20/20. My only word of advice is keep lots of drops in them for the first couple months. They tend to dry out really easy.
Best of luck
squeek
***NON ILLIGITAMUS CARBORUNDUM***
Über§oldier
General
General

Thank You TWL

Post by Über§oldier »

<center>Thank you everyone for you comforting words and support. I was scared out of my mind. :cheers: </center>
<center>I'm really enjoying not wearing glasses anymore. I still keep reaching to push them up on my nose but they are not there. :tongue: </center>
<center>I'll be on when my eyes quit fluchuating from good to blurry.</center>
<center> :twl: Thanks again guys! :twl: </center>
<center>Image</center>
<center>Image
</center>