hard drive toast

Tech Talk: Discuss gaming or computer issues here! We will provide answers to general setup questions, configuration problems and support for determining common problems mostly related to bugs.

Moderators: Paul.nz, ViPER, Hottieshottie

Ouch
General
General

hard drive toast

Post by Ouch »

well got myself a real nasty bug last nite...my antivirus started to scream bloody blue murder with an alert, i didnt get the chance to click a dam thing befor the computer shutdown....it does not read my xp os anymore. :sad: gonna try and use a repair utility but i dont think it'll work.i'v had bugs in my computer befor ..but never has my system shut off in a blink of an eye befor :shakeshead:i was downloading a movie off piratebay..been using that site for afew years and never had an issue with a movie,..gawd dam... :banghead:
thru the mud and the blood.. to the green fields beyound
Paul.nz
General
General

Bad virus

Post by Paul.nz »

Most programs wont help this situation because when windows starts the virus will kick in.You can try pressing f8 and goto safe mode.I have repaired many pcs with problems like this and the easiest way i found was to remove the harddrive and put it in a seperate pc i have as a slave so the virus does nothing and hopefully can be killed.
ERD commander may work and this is the only program which i think will work.ERD (emergency rescue disc) comander boots up into a screen like windows explorer so your windows dosn't start so you can delete viruses etc.I am sure you can also run system restore from there as well.