Full harddrives?

Tech Talk: Discuss gaming or computer issues here! We will provide answers to general setup questions, configuration problems and support for determining common problems mostly related to bugs.

Moderators: Paul.nz, ViPER, Hottieshottie

Paul.nz
General
General

Full harddrives?

Post by Paul.nz »

Many of you will be like me and have big harddrives which are always full.I found a cool program which scans the harddrive you choose and basically puts the files into blocks.The bigger the block the bigger the folder or file.You can open the folder and see what files etc are inside and delete what you dont need.I also found hidden folders from microsoft office setup which is totally hidden and taking up 900mb.
On my c drive i can easily remove about 12 gig.On my d drive i can easily remove about 50 gig and on my e drive i can easily remove about 60 gigs.That is only temp and setup files which are doing nothing but taking up space.I havn't tested my backup harddrives or my external drives yet.
I also found about 70 gigs of digital camera movies i can easily shrink to about 7 gigs to save more space.If you often scan windows explorer to get rid of rubbish have a look at this.

http://www.uderzo.it/main_products/space_sniffer/
ViPER
Supreme Commander
Supreme Commander

Re: Full harddrives?

Post by ViPER »

Thnks Paul Im gonna try this! :cheers:
:twl: