Dell computers

Tech Talk: Discuss gaming or computer issues here! We will provide answers to general setup questions, configuration problems and support for determining common problems mostly related to bugs.

Moderators: Paul.nz, ViPER, Hottieshottie

Paul.nz
General
General

Dell computers

Post by Paul.nz »

A good friend of mine rung me and wanted me to check out a computer he was looking at buying.I have heard a lot of people talking about the dell alianware and that is what this is.After reading the specs etc i couldn't beleive people actually buy them.He was looking at this for $3,799 nz (3093 usd).
http://www.dell.com/nz/p/alienware-auro ... -aurora-r4
I priced how much it would cost to build.All the parts i priced was a step up on what is in that machine eg 16 gig quad memory not 8 gig.I priced a 800 watt power supply not a 400 watt which is fitted.The total including windows come to $2022 nz plus about $100 for fans extras etc.So $2122 nz (1728 usd).This is without a monitor.
They must rely on a name to sell it because their prices are pathetic.Me making a better computer is $1,700 nzd (1385 usd )cheaper.The $3,799 is the start base price and the price goes nuts when you put decent gear inside it.My prices are also from a computer shop and not buying in bulk like what dell would do.

I have no idea why these are so expensive but my mate will not be buying one.This is a big company selling low to medium priced parts at top end prices which it definatly is not.Shame on dell new zealand. :wag: :wag: