Mouse Issue

Tech Talk: Discuss gaming or computer issues here! We will provide answers to general setup questions, configuration problems and support for determining common problems mostly related to bugs.

Moderators: Paul.nz, ViPER, Hottieshottie

GenomeSoldier
Private 2nd Class
Private 2nd Class

Mouse Issue

Post by GenomeSoldier »

I've been having this problem for quite sometime. I have just a basic logitech lazor mouse and sometimes the thing just goes crazy. I'll want to move it to the right and it'll want to go to the left. Gets to be frustrating at times. Any help with the existing mouse would be much appreciated. Or steer me in the right direction for a better model.

Thanks,
Genome
Paul.nz
General
General

Re: Mouse Issue

Post by Paul.nz »

Firstly the surface the mouse is on can make it play up.I just use my desk with no mouse pad and if i get it wet by cleaning it etc it goes nuts.Secondly if it has been happening for awhile i would try getting rid of the logitech mouse drivers.I know another person having problems with a logitech lazer mouse.His keeps going nuts,slows down,loses all movement,seizes and does all stupid things.If you can remove the mouse software give it a go because you can always reinstall it later.
GenomeSoldier
Private 2nd Class
Private 2nd Class

Post by GenomeSoldier »

It does seem to work a little better without the mouse pad but it still has its own mind. I'm not really computer savvy, so I'm not sure about taking the driver off. What if I can't get it back on, 'cause I won't have a mouse. lol.. or is it something relatively easy to do?
Paul.nz
General
General

Post by Paul.nz »

It will be easier to help you in teamspeak.It depends on what windows and type of mouse.If it is a ps2 plug mouse it will definatly work.When i build computers for people i never install the software.Windows always sees the mouse and installs its generatic drivers.
For now get your cd and put it in the cd drive and run it.Try reinstalling the drivers and software over the top of what you have now and see if that works.If it dosn't join us in teamspeak and we can try to work the problem out.
GenomeSoldier
Private 2nd Class
Private 2nd Class

Post by GenomeSoldier »

That's the thing, i"ve had that mouse for a long time and I can't find a disc for it. I've looked through everything. The windows im using is Windows Vista Home Edition. I'm new to it, but it seems to search for the drivers itself. I guess Ima have to get TS and figure this thing out. I apologize for the aggravation; it's just def. something I want to take care of. I'll get the TS and whenever is best for you man.. I should be able to rock and roll. I'm workin on est. time and usually after eight or so I'm ready to go.