OV CONCERNS

Discussion forum for TWL Servers, Maps and Mods: Look here for all the latest on new maps and mods. Got a MOD request? All support, discussion and development.

Moderator: ViPER

ViPER
Supreme Commander
Supreme Commander

OV CONCERNS

Post by ViPER »

I would like to share OVs concerns and suggest this be the place to discuss these things. :thumbup1:

first off - I asked earlier this week how everything on the server was and if we should turn the vote on - to which the answer was no. However I get from this request (below) a change of heart and the the vote is on again - so we need to keep an eye on things and make sure the server isn't being compromised. beyond this there should be no problem. :70:

I would also like to add that modifications to the server take time. for example I've put about 80 hours into modifying the weapons recently and that's why I haven't been on the server as much or joining late. I will put together a list of the rotation and post it here so everyone can see what it looks like and it can be discussed. Also, Everyone has different opinions what they think the server should be and no 2 people agree on everything. There isn't a map in rotation that someone didn't ask for. In a rotation that has 24 maps it shouldn't kill anyone to suffer 1 or 2 maps that are not to their liking. :guns:

Now let me talk about how the rotation is usually constructed - you take all the favorite stock maps, (lets just say there are 10) and you put them in a particular order. then you double it so the rotation plays twice - 20 maps. now you take the maps that some people like (lets say there are 6) and you space 3 of them in the first 10 and 3 in the second ten. now you have a total of 26 maps in a double rotation. Its not really that the favorite maps are doubled. its that the less favorite ones only appear once every other rotation. This has been the formula for success at TWL for over 20 years. :comfort:
HI VIPER, I AM REQUESTING THAT THE ACTUAL ROTATION OF THE MAPS BE MODIFIED BY NOT OVERPLAYING (REPEATING) THE SAME STOCK MAPS SINCE WE THE ACTIVE PLAYERS WOULD LIKE TO PLAY THE STOCK MAPS AND THE CUSTOMS MAPS AS WELL. WE THE ACTIVE PLAYERS ARE FED UP WITH THE EXISTING STATE OF AFFAIRS AND SOME PLAYERS ARE RELUCTANT TO COME TO PLAY FOR THAT REASON AND BECAUSE THEY DO NOT HAVE THE VOTING OPTION AVAILABLE. MOST OF THE TIME WE START PLAYING AT 11 P.M. THROUGH 4 A.M. AND WE ARE NOT ABLE TO PLAY ANY CUSTOM MAPS. THIS POLICY MUST BE REVERSED AT ONCE.

WE WOULD LIKE TO HAVE THE USUAL STOCK MAPS ACTUALLY RUNNING ON THE ROTATION BUT WITHOUT REPETITION (EXCEPTING SOUTHERN FRANCE AND MALTA WHICH WE ALWAYS SKIP THEM AND MUST BE TAKEN OUT OF THE ROTATION) FOLLOWED BY THE ACTION CUSTOMS MAPS.

WITH RESPECT TO THE VOTING OPTION, I AM CONVINCED THAT THERE IS NO THREAT FROM ANY HACKERS TO DISRUPT THE SERVER SINCE THE ONLY PERSON THAT MIGHT ATTEMPT TO DISTURB OUR PLAYING IS GLOCK, BUT THIS RISK IS MANAGEABLE AND HE DOES NOT SHOW UP OFTEN.

THEREFORE, IN SUM, I REQUEST THAT THE VOTING OPTION BE MADE AVAILABLE FOR THE ACTIVE PLAYERS AS SOON AS POSSIBLE, THE ROTATION BE MODIFIED AS PLEADED ABOVE AND THE STOCK MAPS SPECIFICALLY MENTIONED BE TAKEN OUT OF THE ROTATION.

I REALLY APPRECIATE YOUR CONSIDERATION TO MY REQUEST AND I INVITE YOU TO COME MORE OFTEN TO SHARE WITH US THE JOY WE EXPERIENCE BY PLAYING MOHAA AT YOUR SERVER.

BROTHER IN ARMS