TWL SERVER CLOSED BETA TEST

Discussion forum for TWL Servers, Maps and Mods: Look here for all the latest on new maps and mods. Got a MOD request? All support, discussion and development.

Moderator: ViPER

ViPER
Supreme Commander
Supreme Commander

TWL SERVER CLOSED BETA TEST

Post by ViPER »

Testing the server updates last night actually went well. Ive done these beta tests a dozen times through the years and Ive seen much worse. the fact the server boots up is always a good start. But unfortunately most players seemed uninterested in the server or helping identify any issues and just wanted to play or complain. In the past there was never a shortage of willing clan members and visitors eager to help.

So for that reason I have no choice really but to lock the server and continue beta testing the update and fixing the issues on my own or with willing volunteers. its best to watch the server in action but its good to have at least one other player to help initiated game script, set bombs etc. This of course is disappointing and will take much longer than an open beta but that's how it goes.

I'm reminded of a very popular game back in the Day. When it was first beta released people were happy to help test it. things did not go well at first, but most understood that's how these things go. The problem was they forgot to include any function that would connect players online. so the entire multiplayer platform was not functional at all. They released a 1.1 patch and the rest is history.

That game was Allied Assault

Those interested in helping just let me know i will send you the password.

Thanks
Vip
Th3Longarrow
Private 1st Class
Private 1st Class

Re: TWL SERVER CLOSED BETA TEST

Post by Th3Longarrow »

If you need help with the Beta test next time I'd be happy to donate my time. Just installed the game after 15 years and only been on the server 3 nights, but I really enjoy it and keep coming back to it. Glad this game is still alive!

-Arrow
Mess with the best, Die like the rest. :waffen: