WINDOWS 10 HELP!

Tech Talk: Discuss gaming or computer issues here! We will provide answers to general setup questions, configuration problems and support for determining common problems mostly related to bugs.

Moderators: Paul.nz, ViPER, Hottieshottie

FireCracker
Division Commander
Division Commander

WINDOWS 10 HELP!

Post by FireCracker »

I decided to update my windows 8.1 to 10 earlier tonight.

I later came to play SH, and I see this error when I click to run the game, it says:
Please login with administrator privileges and try again
I confirmed I was logged in as admin and gave the file extra permissions to no avail.

After searching on google, it seems this is common on WIN 10 with old games requiring CDs to load. Believe it or not, but I've kept the cd in my cd tray for years and never used a no cd hack.

So I have downloaded the v2.15 no cd moh_spearhead.exe file from 3 different sources... and all produce the same results... the game loads, but the resolution is all wrong...

I can only see the top left quarter of the game screen... my mouse cursor can easily go off the quarter I can see and get lost too.

WTF is going on? Who is using Windows 10 with Spearhead?? What am I missing?

Thanks,
Fire Cracker

:peel:
FireCracker
Division Commander
Division Commander

Re: WINDOWS 10 HELP!

Post by FireCracker »

Okay, so I learned Win 10 does not like the old games where a CD is required.

I ended up going to gog.com and buying the MOHAA war chest for $10. It is a "DRM free" version which means no CD involved.

I'm back up and running.

Thanks,
Fire Cracker
Th3Longarrow
Private 1st Class
Private 1st Class

Re: WINDOWS 10 HELP!

Post by Th3Longarrow »

Glad you figured it out! I downloaded my game from GOG galaxy as well. I had a few problems getting SH to launch with windows 10, but ultimately got it figured out. I can't remember what my fix was TBH.... Allied Assault loaded just fine, and I had to google a fix for SH.

-Arrow
Mess with the best, Die like the rest. :waffen: