Acca Crossroads

Discussion forum for TWL Servers, Maps and Mods: Look here for all the latest on new maps and mods. Got a MOD request? All support, discussion and development.

Moderator: ViPER

redneck kilo-charlie
Sergeant
Sergeant

Acca Crossroads

Post by redneck kilo-charlie »

1st off, I did say quite specifically that I was going to send TEST SCREENSHOT's and it was to test whether the quality was acceptable, I in no way wanted the TEST MAP as a choice. It was to TEST the system. With that in mind I have managed to take video, but due to the software's lack of options concerning the size of the data file, it is just flying over the map so you can see most of it in the shortest amount of time to save space. To give you an idea this short video is nearly the 4GB maximum before it splits the file making it problematic for uploading to Youtube. Sorry the color is washed out this is specific to the software and it cannot be changed as there is no option but be aware as it looks better when played with proper lighting (so far this is the only software that will record video for MOH). Also, due to the limitations of MOHAA/SH/BT I cannot currently view a map in widescreen without the map crashing, I will figure this out but until then we have to make do with what we got. Out of the maps that I have access to I would say 10% of them are to the quality and layout that you would consider acceptable for the server. I am sharing a Youtube link to an Unlisted video meaning only people with the link can access it, and I left comments on so that you could give me your opinion there but here is good enough too.

This is a Remake of Crossroads; there are many remakes of all the Stock maps but this one is the best quality and every building is accessible, I hope you enjoy it, please leave comments and understand the screenshots for the 1st one I did was just a TEST and personally I thought the map was crap too. This is also a TEST too, so I may find the correct quality settings that are available, when you look at this one you will notice the quality is terrible, so I will post a 2nd video with the video in full screen but on 30fps and this is due to the tremendous amount of space taken during recording and please understand this isn't as easy as it looks. 1st I have to find the map, 2nd, I have to run the software, 3rd I have to check quality (and sometimes re-record), 4th upload the video (due to size of file this can take a while), 5th make sure it all works, 6th create a post on this website, I think at a push I can get this whole process down to 1 hour but currently it takes 2 hours for one 3:19 Minutes of video. To give you an idea the 1st video took 20 minutes to upload and the 2nd video takes at least 45 minutes and is still transcoding as of writing this, this is due to video size. I may have found another software to do this, but it is very complicated to understand and currently unlike the 1st software with lack of options the other software has a plethora of options.

Test 1 https://youtu.be/JhET-v178s8 Half quality 60 fps
Test 2 https://youtu.be/_-btV3xuOGw Full Size Quality 30 Fps
ViPER
Supreme Commander
Supreme Commander

Re: Acca Crossroads

Post by ViPER »

I saw this... nice expansion of the crossroads :Beer: