server two map rotation

Discussion forum for TWL Servers, Maps and Mods: Look here for all the latest on new maps and mods. Got a MOD request? All support, discussion and development.

Moderator: ViPER

ViPER
Supreme Commander
Supreme Commander

server two map rotation

Post by ViPER »

I am experimenting with a new map rotation on server two - it offers a few new features and is EXPIRAMENTAL. If this works out and is generally accepted I will adapt it to server 1 also.

Completley random map selection

No more repetition in the map cycles. The new rotation will randomly select a map from a list and compare it to the last nine maps that were played to assure no repeats.

Multiple rotations

until now, multiple and voteable map rotations have been limited due to the max string capability of the game - that is you exceed more than about 40 maps in the rotation and the server crash is certain.

With this new method I believe it will be possible to have a voteable rotation for each map pak and actually all the maps on the server.

Mega rotations
Since it seems there is no limit to the number of maps that can be listed in this way - custom rotations could be made (theoretically) to randomly select from hundreds of maps.

be aware

The transiton will take some time as I am expiramenting with a couple different methods that will enhance how this is tied into a voteable feature.

Right now server 2 has "Stock maps", "viper maps" and "map pak one" - I intend to add a feature for each map pak and breakthrough maps and skylimit and many custom configurations etc- Please let me know if you experience any troubles.

ViP
BillCollector
General
General

Post by BillCollector »

The only problem i see will be if you are including the breakthrogh maps and we are running spearhead disk we will get kicked and have to change disks... But way cool idea to have rotating map rotations. I get sick of the same ole same ole
I knew violence wansn't the answer, I got it wrong on purpose
ViPER
Supreme Commander
Supreme Commander

Post by ViPER »

There will be a specific rotation for breakthrough that you could vote for - and the breakthrough maps are only on server 2. They were a pain to set up so I wont be doing it again. lol