Complaint

Sign In: New Friends you've come to the right place to introduce yourself!

Moderators: Paul.nz, Hottieshottie

Soldiernobodynamed
Private 2nd Class
Private 2nd Class

Complaint

Post by Soldiernobodynamed »

I'm not really one for complaining. Let's just start off saying that. I witnessed an interesting occurrence in your server a few days ago and when I told some TWL members about it they refused to believe me and told me to post here. Personally, I don't expect any of you to believe any word that I say so I think it is pointless to post here in the first place, but since asked I will do it.

The other day I was playing in your server and the map being played was Berlin. The objective room was the radio tower near the axis spawn. I was in the building across from it shooting at axis that were in or around the objective building but I rarely ventured into the building myself. One person continually kept running out of the building into my fire and I soon realized it was the same person :<TWL>|squeek|. Nobody was going into the building but he kept coming out. I realize that it is possible to spawn in there, but not as many times over and over again as was happening. While I wondered how it was possible, I decided that the best way was to ask him. I asked at the end of the map but figured the score screen was in the way of him seeing the question so I asked again at the beginning of the next map. My response was a simple kick from the server. I rejoined the server immediately and asked why I was kicked. After asking that question twice to no avail, I asked if anyone was going to explain to me why I was kicked. Squeek told me no and I left the server in disgust.

Even if the only response to this thread is the other side of the story, I would be glad to read it and see that this was worth my time, since nobody explained to me what was happening while I was in the server.
ViPER
Supreme Commander
Supreme Commander

Post by ViPER »

Next time why don't you use your game name so we know who you are - I am not sure I understand your question - I think it is basically - "How do you spawn in the Obj building in Berlin?" Yea?

Spawn choices are determined by the game - and the spawns in that building are part of my mod. So the initial reply to you to post your question here was correct, as no one else really knows the answer to those types of questions but me.

I imagine your continued barrage of questioning was perceived as annoying on the server as we have a clear rule that is printed on the server "no complaining" and "submit your complaints on the forums"

Hope that clears it up for you.
Desert Templar

Post by Desert Templar »

I, for one, would like to apologize if i seemed rude. I did indeed doubt your "suggestion" that squeek was "modding" his spawn inside the hold, and I did inform you as well as others to post here for Community view over this issue. True we have faith more in our clan mates but we dont simply shoot down questions or comments. If i did so, i apologize, but I foreone do not believe that squeek palyed unfairly. It could have been coincidence that squeek simply spawned there, but im sure squeek will have more insight into this issue.
"On The Battlefield, it is the luck of the draw"
Soldiernobodynamed
Private 2nd Class
Private 2nd Class

Post by Soldiernobodynamed »

I appreciate your responses in this matter but my main question was why was I kicked, rather than how was he there. I apologize for not making my question more clear. I asked the question of how he was there once at the end of the map when the score screen was in the way so I asked again at the start of the next map. No warning, no explanation, I was just kicked. This was not a "barrage of questioning," rather simply asking a question twice because it was not viewable the first time (I couldn't even see it). I will admit to a barrage of questioning after I was kicked, to a certain degree, but not at all before. I will also apologize for my questioning after being kicked and hope you can understand and forgive my frustration.

Desert, you did not come off as abrasive, I completely understand everything that TWL has done in the matter of my complaint.
squeek
< TWL > Hall of Fame
< TWL > Hall of Fame

Post by squeek »

Let me start off with saying I am sorry for your disgust. Your post sounds a lot like your words while on the server, accusational. I personally don't like being called a hack, having let it go, what I believe was a couple of times, I just kicked you. My hope was that the message would get across. It appears that it didn't. Race anything you would like to add here?
Sorry for your disgust, but please do not accuse me of cheating
squeek
***NON ILLIGITAMUS CARBORUNDUM***
ViPER
Supreme Commander
Supreme Commander

Post by ViPER »

Soldiernobodynamed wrote:I will admit to a barrage of questioning after I was kicked, to a certain degree, but not at all before. I will also apologize for my questioning after being kicked and hope you can understand and forgive my frustration.
I do not require that my admins explain themselves on the server - they are trained to kick when necessary and without explanation. The server is for gaming and we don't allow unsocial discussion or questioning of administration - that's what the forums are for.

The admins aren't there to answer to anyone - they are there to play and keep the peace.

It may not sound friendly but it sets TWL aside from all the other servers. All I hear on other servers is "you this" and "you that" and "why this" and "why that". Not at TWL.