"The Great Tank Battles {SFX} TEAM PROJECT

Discussion forum for TWL Servers, Maps and Mods: Look here for all the latest on new maps and mods. Got a MOD request? All support, discussion and development.

Moderator: ViPER

ViPER
Supreme Commander
Supreme Commander

"The Great Tank Battles {SFX} TEAM PROJECT

Post by ViPER »

As you may know, I have been invited to join the exclusive {SFX} modding team. Also, you may have noticed Duncan Wier's flughafen tanks on the server again. Driving vehicles in MOHAA has always been very buggy historically. problems like the vehicles flying, crashing the server, player sticking, etc. have been the norm since the bases of Duncan's script (the best mp drive script) has seen enhanced iterations again and again.

I have initiated a new project with the SFX team that will include drivable tanks in at least 5 maps, and I am calling it "the Great Tank Battles". I am warning all that this project will take time so please be patient. The nice thing is the project will receive input from MOHA's best mappers and modders as a team effort - so I have High expectations that the quality of this mod will be top notch and that MOH multi player vehicles will be improved and reliable.

I will share beta test releases of this mod with TWL (ONLY!) so your help and input will be very important for the project.

PROGRESS-
I am working on the test script to be submitted to {SFX} team and gathering all the useable tank models (from AA,SH&BT) - with some additional models to be used in the project.

Here are some screen shots of the test maps and my skybox artwork for the "North Afrika" map and the "Kursk" map.

North Afrika

KURSK

ViPER
Supreme Commander
Supreme Commander

Post by ViPER »

Here are some of the star players

Tiger

M4

my M26

M26 graffiti

Winter models and the Battle of the bulge winter test map with my skybox and terrain

Cubus's winter M4 skin

Winter Panzer

Cubus's winter M3 rocket

Winter Panzerwerfer

Cubus's winter models
Drifter
Division Commander
Division Commander

tank

Post by Drifter »

Tartan

Post by Tartan »

Wow looking good M8
ViPER
Supreme Commander
Supreme Commander

Post by ViPER »

Drifter is that the M5? and is it the actual vehicle at the museum? Coolio

Thanks Tartan!

The next testing step will be to up the tank numbers on the flughafen mod from 4 tanks to 8 and check the performance. If all goes well I will up it to 12

Still working on the projectile collision.
Moving Target
< TWL > Hall of Fame
< TWL > Hall of Fame

Post by Moving Target »

Viper................you can have ALL my medals. You do fantastic work...........................all I need to do is learn how to aim the gun.
See Ya There!
Paul.nz
General
General

guns on jeeps etc

Post by Paul.nz »

In the battlefield series the driveable vehicles have a seat at the rear for a gunner .So the driver controls the vehicle and the main cannon.They also have jeeps used to move 4 or more people fast.This can work well if you work as a team but whenever i played i never seen any sort of teamwork so the driver got in and took off and left everyone to walk to the objective.This would be awsome because the clan works as a team..
Ps : flyable planes and boats..gee while you are at it how about a helicopter and a double barrel machine gun with rockets and a shield.. :mrgreen:
hitman
< TWL > Hall of Fame
< TWL > Hall of Fame

Post by hitman »

look good man good job
Image ALL MUST DIE SAME DAY Y NOT NOW
SuicideBomber(inPA)

Re: "The Great Tank Battles {SFX} TEAM PROJECT

Post by SuicideBomber(inPA) »

Nice viper :thumbup1:
ViPER wrote:As you may know, I have been invited to join the exclusive {SFX} modding team. Also, you may have noticed Duncan Wier's flughafen tanks on the server again. Driving vehicles in MOHAA has always been very buggy historically. problems like the vehicles flying, crashing the server, player sticking, etc. have been the norm since the bases of Duncan's script (the best mp drive script) has seen enhanced iterations again and again.

I have initiated a new project with the SFX team that will include drivable tanks in at least 5 maps, and I am calling it "the Great Tank Battles". I am warning all that this project will take time so please be patient. The nice thing is the project will receive input from MOHA's best mappers and modders as a team effort - so I have High expectations that the quality of this mod will be top notch and that MOH multi player vehicles will be improved and reliable.

I will share beta test releases of this mod with TWL (ONLY!) so your help and input will be very important for the project.

PROGRESS-
I am working on the test script to be submitted to {SFX} team and gathering all the useable tank models (from AA,SH&BT) - with some additional models to be used in the project.

Here are some screen shots of the test maps and my skybox artwork for the "North Afrika" map and the "Kursk" map.

North Afrika

KURSK

<center>Image<center>
Omegaman

Post by Omegaman »

:worthy: :worthy: :worthy: :worthy: