ANZAC DAY.

Honoring All Who Serve: Look here for historical discussions regarding Military Service and WWII.

Moderators: Paul.nz, ViPER

Paul.nz
General
General

ANZAC DAY.

Post by Paul.nz »

Today april the 25th is ANZAC day which stands for australia and new zealand army corp.This is a very special day because it is a day to remember our fallen soldiers.We have parades all over the countrys.We have a dawn parade which starts about 5.30 to 6 am and then parades in the afternoon.
I got up at 4am and started biking at 4.15 to be at the parade at 5.45.There was thousands of people of all ages and from all countrys there.It started with the band marching through the streets and the veterans and their familys following wearing their medals with pride.More young children this year were wearing medals handed down which was very nice to see.There was the normal speaches,songs and prayers and the gunfire solute.
At the end the crowd followed the marching band through the street to the end point and went home in all directions.I continued biking to another special ceremony at THE TOMB OF THE UNKONWN SOLDIER.
This soldier was brought home and buried in the center of town and no one knows who he is.He stands for all the soldiers who never made it home and was buried where he fell.Once again there were people everywhere and even though it was a bit cold no one was in any hurry to leave.
Hearing the last post being played each year is very special and i am very happy ANZAC day is getting bigger as each year passes.
The last post is here....
http://www.awm.gov.au/commemoration/last_post.htm

WE SHALL NEVER FORGET.
SuicideBomber(inPA)

Post by SuicideBomber(inPA) »

Man wish i could :sad: :sad: of been there...................Bone chilling
<center>Image<center>