Tactical Mod

Discussion forum for TWL Servers, Maps and Mods: Look here for all the latest on new maps and mods. Got a MOD request? All support, discussion and development.

Moderator: ViPER

ViPER
Supreme Commander
Supreme Commander

Tactical Mod

Post by ViPER »

I thought id share with you my latest attempt to create a tactical mod. Check it out if you get a chance - its on server 1 and 2 and its votable. I know most people dont go for this sort of thing - but i like variety and i know some of us do like the tactical game play.

if you run you lose your cross hairs - then after a short burst you get a 1 hlth hit reminder to walk - then if your still running you get subsequent hits increasing in damage every second.......

2 3 4 5 6 7 etc - hurt can be set with any integer value that does not increase like.....

x x x x x x etc

When you vote for this option health paks will not drop and friendly fire is on.

Also - you can vote running no crosshairs without hurt feature....

Just for fun and if any one is interested - here is the script.

Code: Select all

main:

local.hurt = int(getcvar "runhurtsamount" ) {
	if(local.hurt == 0)
		local.hurt = 1 }

while( isalive self && self != NULL )
  {
  local.movement = self getmovement
  if( isalive self && local.movement == running || local.movement == falling) //check if running 
    {
    self weaponcommand dual crosshair 0 //remove crosshares
    local.hurtme = 1
    wait 2
      running:
      if( isalive self && local.movement == running || local.movement == falling) //still running?
        {
	self iprint ( "TACTICAL RUNNING ONLY!" )
   	self hurt local.hurtme //hurt me
	if(local.hurt == 1)
	  {
	  local.hurtme++
	  }
	else
	  {
	  local.hurtme = local.hurt //increase hurt
	  }
	wait 1
	goto running //check again
        }
      else
	{
	goto walking
	}
    }
  else
    {
    goto walking
    }
  walking:
    self weaponcommand dual crosshair 1
    wait 1
}
end

noxhairs:
while( isalive self && self != NULL )
  {
  if( isalive self && local.movement == running || local.movement == falling) //check if running 
    {
    wait 2
      runningx:
      if( isalive self && local.movement == running || local.movement == falling) //still running?
        {
	wait 1
	goto runningx //check again
        }
      else
	{
	goto walkingx
	}
    }
  else
    {
    goto walkingx
    }
  walkingx:
    self weaponcommand dual crosshair 1
    wait 1
}
end
Felony Entertainment

Re: Tactical Mod

Post by Felony Entertainment »

ViPER wrote:When you vote for this option health paks will not drop and friendly fire is on.
Some will apprecieate the work, here, here...But tonight we were running tacticle and health paks did drop and friendly fire was off. Or was I drinking again?
ViPER
Supreme Commander
Supreme Commander

Post by ViPER »

Very observant. The vote was cast last night, but failed.

"When you vote for this option health paks will not drop and friendly fire is on. "

I forced the script without the other cvar changes of the vote.

rcon runhurts 1

I will also break it down with multiple options in the vote - so your fav configuration can be voted for. I will also be adding more realism effects such as -

**edit**

never mind these** - i am unable to find a serverside solution - though i made a client side (noavatars team and compass) version I see no other way.

**no team icons on the compass

**no team avatars

with forced "map related" team skins (e.g. stalindgrad skin set - german guy and russian guy - algiers german guy and british guy etc etc etc..) I will pick skins that are historically correct and condusive to the map.

If you think of any other realism related things that would be cool to have votable let me know.

VIP