New Map Der Vorposten (The Outpost)

Discussion forum for TWL Servers, Maps and Mods: Look here for all the latest on new maps and mods. Got a MOD request? All support, discussion and development.

Moderator: ViPER

Stalker

New Map Der Vorposten (The Outpost)

Post by Stalker »

Hey its Stalker here I used to be in the old clan a long long time ago. PhantomWarrior and Myself have created a map and would appreciate it if your clan would help us BETA test it and maybe make it a TWL exclusive. Anyways if Viper or any of the TWL leadership wants to try it out please reply with some information on how to get in contact and help us get our map distributed. anyways here are some screenshots of a previous version of the map that we prematurely released for 12 hours and then had to remove because of a fatal glitch that caused the map to crash. Seems to run fine now.

http://map.planetmedalofhonor.gamespy.c ... =vorposten
ViPER
Supreme Commander
Supreme Commander

Post by ViPER »

Oh yea, that map is over due Stalker lol. Looks good though. Well Beta that as soon as your ready. We will test it with a controlled group of clan members and if we find major glitches we will let you now right away.... After a week I should be able to get everyones input and send you a critique with any recomendations.

As far as downloading it there are many options. Let me know what you want to do.

ViP
Stalker

Post by Stalker »

I really dont know what works for you......whatever is easiest....I have MSN messenger ,yahoo messenger, AIM.
I just dont want a bad version getting out and crashing peoples servers so it has to stay within the clan. The file size is about 18MB so i cant attach it to an email easily. I would like to use an instant messenger of some sort as that would be easiest for me.
ViPER
Supreme Commander
Supreme Commander

Post by ViPER »

Yousendit will allow you to share very large files using your email- check it out

http://www.yousendit.com/
Stalker

Post by Stalker »

ok now so whats your email address so I can send it to you.
ViPER
Supreme Commander
Supreme Commander

Post by ViPER »

Stalker

Post by Stalker »

I sent the map to you...please check it out. :hitman:
ViPER
Supreme Commander
Supreme Commander

Post by ViPER »

Got it - first i tried to check it locally and got an error involving the ubersound file. By removing ubercrap i was able to run it locally. running it server side may be more forgiving.

Will tell more when i get it on the server.

Thanks

Here is Stalkers Beta Der_Vorposten that has been uploaded for testing on server 2. Download it from the link and extract the pk3 to your mainta. Remeber its a Beta and should be deleted when the tesing is completed.

http://thewarlegends.com/6001136/incomi ... posten.zip
Moving Target
< TWL > Hall of Fame
< TWL > Hall of Fame

Post by Moving Target »

Stalker;

Your map looks like a lot of fun, and it's about time we had a new killing ground. Thanks for choosing TWL for your testing.

Viper, I've got it loaded and am ready to start whenever you are.
See Ya There!
ViPER
Supreme Commander
Supreme Commander

Post by ViPER »

im ready
Ouch
General
General

Post by Ouch »

stalker... great map... only been on for 5 minutes and already like it alot.. as target says.. thanks for letting TWL try it out... excellent map guys. see you on server 2 later tonight...
thru the mud and the blood.. to the green fields beyound
Felony

Post by Felony »

:woot:

Stalker,
I just wanted to say excellant map! :yay: Again, thank you for allowing TWL clan members to beta test it. Everytime I play it I always find something new! I haven't had any issues to speak of running Breakthrough, just the one your fixing.

Thanks again bro. :yay:

:finger: :twl: :finger:
Moving Target
< TWL > Hall of Fame
< TWL > Hall of Fame

Post by Moving Target »

Once again, Stalker..........AWESOME MAP! Guys like you and Phantom (and ViPER) keep it interesting and challenging:cheers:

Played it for two hours yesterday and never got tired of it. In fact, I literally KICKED Uber's A$$. :moon:

Looking forward to getting on again tonight.....................seems to work just fine with Spearhead.
See Ya There!
ViPER
Supreme Commander
Supreme Commander

Post by ViPER »

Target = UberA$$ kicker!
Felony

Post by Felony »

:funny:

I wouldn't really call it an a$$ kicking...more of a "Lite Tapping of the Buttocks Area" :cry: was happening.

For the rest of the clan members that don't know, yesterday's "Lite Tapping of the Buttocks Area" is what happens when you talk to much :turd: to Target! :wag:

Pay backs are my ex-girlfriend!!!! :finger:
Last edited by Felony on Thu Dec 14, 2006 12:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.