Voting/override question

Discussion forum for TWL Servers, Maps and Mods: Look here for all the latest on new maps and mods. Got a MOD request? All support, discussion and development.

Moderator: ViPER

Roachclip
Corpral
Corpral

Voting/override question

Post by Roachclip »

OK Here is a question....whats the point of having a vote if it is overrided one minute after being passed?
I had 8 people on my clans teamspeak that wanted to play somewhere other than our server so i got them to come to twl.
We started on Berlin and all voted for toy slodiers....these are maps we all have....
So there was about five of us that were in and/or connecting when toy soldiers started....and then not even one minute goes by, and the map gets switched to a new map....
I was the only one that wasnt kicked cause of course i have all of them allready.....

But when i mentioned in game chat that 4 ppl were just kicked, all i got was "Well they can go get the maps" from crabkiller.
They wouldnt have to if the vote we just passed wasnt overrided....

It kinda urked me....
After being kicked that way i dont blame them for saying oh forgtet it...lets go somewhere else...

What bothered me most is that i was embarrassed to have been the one that brought them to yourt server,.
ViPER
Supreme Commander
Supreme Commander

Post by ViPER »

:70: :70: :70: :70: :70:

Vote is for convenience in the absence of any admins - otherwise mob rules do not apply :tongue: Sorry your friends got kicked - in the world of Customs this happens often - The best to hope for is direction to the proper map pak. :whip:

We run customs and even our own members get kicked if they don't have all the good stuff!

:twl:
Paul.nz
General
General

All servers

Post by Paul.nz »

That has happened to me in many servers.I play in twl mainly for the custom maps not the stock maps.Most of the time when it is changed to custom the admin puts a warning in the screen telling people to get the mappack.This may not have been done on this occasion and the admins and clan members must have wanted customs.My advice is get all the twl mappacks,the stock maps get boring after awhile and the customs bring all new experiences to the game.
Also we are a friendly bunch of people so when you join the server jump into the twl teamspeak,it is always nice to chat to other clans while fighting and also maybe a friendly battle.
Roachclip
Corpral
Corpral

re:

Post by Roachclip »

I understand as my clan has customs that we run as well..... I was just upset at the time because i had brought several folks in and then with no warning the map changed when we all voted on the map we were on....I was sure that they would have gotten the maps they needed if they had a moment of fun and the next map was one they didnt have.... but the early change kinda blew it....

I have all the maps and i enjoy them....